Right canter lead problems

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
My 7 years old Pre is having problems getting the lead.
He can do it on the lunge.
Had physio 3 treatments nothing significant found.
Saddle fine.
Tried leg yeilding into the lead, over a pole, over a jump (sometimes get it this way), from walk.
He is getting stressy and backs of bounces on the spot so ive stopped trying.
Left lead fine.
Ideas someone has told me it could be a stifle problem.

Tempi

Visit site
I would get a second opinion from a different physio. What type of person do you use?

Mine all have Bowen and if you can find a good Bowen therapist they are worth their weight in gold - there's nothing mine can't fix!

Johnny999

Visit site
Hi. I had similar problems with mine. Always strikes wrong on the right rein and pulls out of a left circle when tired. Physio found only 40% mobility in left hip. It's now corrected but muscle is very weak on that side so working to build that up....ideas welcome.
So, yes. get a second opinion....there must be something even if it is only muscle build.

maxine1985

Visit site
Is it just when ridden by you or anyone?

Just i was struggling with right lead canter with one of my mares, instructor hopped on, no problems at all! Nothing wrong with horse but my back and pelvis was all out and i was basically blocking with my seat when giving the aid to canter right! After a few trips to chiropractor for me.... problem solved!

I now know if she starts struggling to get canter to get my self looked at as well as her!

longdog

Visit site
We have had this problem with our TB for 2 years. On lunge fine, under saddle - problems. We saw John Thelwall for a clinic a couple of weeks ago & his comment was the rider wasn't straight. When she shifted her weight right over to the outside, lo & behold - correct lead!! It has been tricky to replicate at home, but possible. All I can say is it has been very stressful for our rider!! :)

paddi22

Visit site
echo poster above. does he only do it with you on him? I had the same issue, my pelvis and spine were out of whack in one direction and it messes up my right canter lead. Now I have to look to the outside and weight my outer thigh and leg to correct the way i twist when getting the lead.