"Right Horse Right Home" - anyone used them??

Gerri5

New User
Visit site
I sold my horse last week through www.righthorserighthome.co.uk and found them absolutely brilliant to deal with. Not only did they give advice over the phone, they are very knowledgeable and friendly and their whole methodology of introducing buyers to sellers and vice versa is so good. I only received very genuine buyers and found the most perfect home for my horse very quickly. I would recommend them to anyone £12.99 very well spent.:)

Last edited:

Auslander

Visit site
I wouldn't use them as a matter of principle, as it irritates me beyond belief that they continually spam every single horse for sale ad onthe FB groups I am a member of.

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I wouldn't use them as a matter of principle, as it irritates me beyond belief that they continually spam every single horse for sale ad onthe FB groups I am a member of.

Ditto. Drives me potty! And I'm trying to sell a horse atm and should be willing to use any available opportunity but I can't bring myself to use them.

Auslander

Visit site
Got to market themselves and if they hadn't done that I wouldnt have heard about them or sold my horse!!!

There is such a thing as Facebook advertising, which is cleverly targeted so that it reaches the correct audience. Or they/you can post on horsey groups. I'm a marketer by profession, and there are tactics that are considered bad form/countrproductive. Spamming individual posts is one of them

spacefaer

Visit site
Got to market themselves and if they hadn't done that I wouldnt have heard about them or sold my horse!!!

You wouldn't happen to be an interested party in the promotion of this website would you? Since your only 2 posts to date gave been on this subject?

If I'm wrong, forgive my suspicious mind and welcome to the forum

Gerri5

New User
Visit site
Absolutely not I havent joined before because I had nothing to add to forums but saw this question and thought I would give my opinion. I had advertised my horse on FB horsey groups - got no response whatsoever. Advertised on Pony Club website and had totally unsuitable enquiries. Had 3 applications through this website who all came to view and sold him within 2 weeks

Leo Walker

Visit site
doesnt look like a lot of people are using them, when I did a quick search, there were only a handful of horses on there nationwide. A few nice horses, but also some that seemed quite highly priced and quirky. Wouldnt be my go to place if I was horseshopping

Leo Walker

Visit site
Absolutely not I havent joined before because I had nothing to add to forums but saw this question and thought I would give my opinion. I had advertised my horse on FB horsey groups - got no response whatsoever. Advertised on Pony Club website and had totally unsuitable enquiries. Had 3 applications through this website who all came to view and sold him within 2 weeks

So you joined just to say how amazing the website is? Having had no interest in it before, but this subject, which coincidentally comes up as hit number 5 in a google search, so very easily found, made you feel strongly enough to join. Their lucky day I guess!

And you had no interest in your horse at all when you advertised on FB etc but when you used this website that I had never even heard of until today, you magically got 3 viewers and a sale? If its true that was another mighty stroke of luck.

Gerri5

New User
Visit site
I advertised on 3 local FB horse sites and not one pm from any it was via horseylincs that I saw this website and checked it out if you send me your email address Im happy to screen shot my advert for you. Not sure Ill use the forum again if this is what its like :(

Anna j

New User
Visit site
I am nothing to do with website other than I have just bought a horse that was for sale on there. Having spent a lot of time looking for another horse messaging, phoning and a lot of the time not getting replies from various websites.. including groups on FB. I looked on Right horse Right home, there were some really nice horses. I found the website really good they were helpful both by phone and emails a really great service. I was contacted by the seller of the horse I have bought, and we spoke on more than one occasion before we went to see it. For me going through Right horse Right home was a great experience

RunToEarth

Visit site
I advertised on 3 local FB horse sites and not one pm from any it was via horseylincs that I saw this website and checked it out if you send me your email address Im happy to screen shot my advert for you. Not sure Ill use the forum again if this is what its like :(

I am nothing to do with website other than I have just bought a horse that was for sale on there. Having spent a lot of time looking for another horse messaging, phoning and a lot of the time not getting replies from various websites.. including groups on FB. I looked on Right horse Right home, there were some really nice horses. I found the website really good they were helpful both by phone and emails a really great service. I was contacted by the seller of the horse I have bought, and we spoke on more than one occasion before we went to see it. For me going through Right horse Right home was a great experience

Brilliant.

I would not use Right Horse Right Home because I absolutely loathe and detest when retailers/proprietors/owners join this forum in a guise pretending to be a customer with a sparkling review.

I will take my chances and say that it is highly unlikely that two strangers would feel the need to join the forum in the same day solely to rave about a website they have no affiliation with, given that it is a fairly mediocre website...

Gerri5

New User
Visit site
I'm very happy to send anyone my advert. Looking for another horse that's why in the search engine!!! I certainly won't offer any help /advice in future on this forum though as did not expect such scepticism!

Anna j

New User
Visit site
Firstly I have not been googling their website, secondly as I said I am nothing to do with the website. someone made a comment I replied. Also as I said I found the website was great based on my experience using it.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Firstly I have not been googling their website, secondly as I said I am nothing to do with the website. someone made a comment I replied. Also as I said I found the website was great based on my experience using it.

So how did you come across this post then?

Clodagh

Visit site
We are a horrible cynical lot on here, and I apologise to you both if after many years on not having anything to say on HHO you are suddenly overcome spontaeously to support a new venture website. I am glad you had good selling experiences.

Anna j

New User
Visit site
And how come you both keep posting within minutes of each other, almost as is your posting with one account, logging out and then into the other one...

I have no idea, if you only knew I am probably a hell of a lot older than most people that come on here and have more than enough trouble remembering one password let alone more. One reason I don't post is because I do feel that people can be very judgemental. Equally some can be really helpful.

Anna j

New User
Visit site
And how come you both keep posting within minutes of each other, almost as is your posting with one account, logging out and then into the other one...

On this question someone I know who does come on this forum a lot told me about this post. She also knew I had bought a horse from Right horse Right home.. I answered the original question about this website

Gerri5

New User
Visit site
Not that I need to explain to anyone but I will because I am so annoyed by this thread. I have often looked on the forum if I have questions I want answering. On this occasion I felt I was able to offer some advice. Therefore I joined, I answered and am appalled by people questioning my integrity. I do not work for this company I sold my horse through them last Thursday. I answer the questions quickly as they come through as emails on my iphone it's as simple as that. No I don't have 3000 posts on this forum because quite frankly I have better things to do with my time. I shall not enter into any more ridiculous threads with such judgemental people My horse is fabulous has no quirks was not over priced and has gone to fantastic home. I'm happy and the buyers are too

JackJill

Visit site
My friend used this site when she was selling her horse of 5years who was realistically priced. He sold to someone she knew almost before the advert went live on the website. They were very pushy with her, trying to pursuade her not to sell and to use the people they had ready to view. She let him go to the person she knew and said she almost felt harassed by the right horse right home people. She wouldn't use them again.

Hexx

Visit site
I have had a look at the website - just to see what was on there. The search function looks OK, but when you try and use the drop down boxes, it becomes quite difficult to pick your critieria - you have to use the mouse wheel to scroll down and if you don't do it properly you can't get your search right. Very frustrating!

Some nice horses on there, but quite pricey.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I have had a look at the website - just to see what was on there. The search function looks OK, but when you try and use the drop down boxes, it becomes quite difficult to pick your critieria - you have to use the mouse wheel to scroll down and if you don't do it properly you can't get your search right. Very frustrating!

Some nice horses on there, but quite pricey.

Mmmm I had a peek as well, am desperately looking for a horse at the moment, without success, and this was why I asked the original question basically. Did I assume correctly, that you have to pay your £12.99 BEFORE you can search for a horse that might be suitable?? Only to find that there might not be? And you have then to keep paying the dosh out to them every month, yes? This is what worries me.........

Anna j

New User
Visit site
Mmmm I had a peek as well, am desperately looking for a horse at the moment, without success, and this was why I asked the original question basically. Did I assume correctly, that you have to pay your £12.99 BEFORE you can search for a horse that might be suitable?? Only to find that there might not be? And you have then to keep paying the dosh out to them every month, yes? This is what worries me.........

This is the last I'm going to say on this post. I looked on website when I was looking for a horse. You click on the drop down menu and can look at all horses listed for sale loan ect and view their write ups. If you put a wanted ad on listing what you are looking for its free. Anyone can view your ad. If you want to go and look at a horse or two or three horses then you pay the £12.99 . I had a specific question that I wanted to ask the owner of one horse and contacted the website by email. They replied with the answer. I did buy a horse from the site as I have already said and for me it was a good experience. You can only comment on what you know. Hope that helps

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
You'll get nowt past the regulars on here. They are google ninjas and can sniff out a fake faster than a trained spaniel!

stung too many times to not ask questions ;) I don't think it will be a surprise to anyone, new posters included that people would trust a recommendation from an ancient poster than one whose entire posting history is in support of a particular enterprise.

It is always good when people say they have better things to do than have 3k posts on this forum when talking to someone with 30k+ too ;) obviously I should have better things to do :p

Last edited: