RIGHT...Its Official...:(

MandyMoo

Visit site
its official... i am letting Monty's bsja membership run out as today i only renewed mine...:(

end of an era...but i have always asked people every year that i have had him''is he too old to showjump at 17/18/19 years of age?'' and they always replired with ''he will tell you when he wants to stop''

and i have realised, at the age of 20 (well, 20 in 3 weeks) i think he is telling me he wants to stop...i mean, he will still pop round a 1m bsja class for me, and maybe go clear, but i can tell he is only doing it to please me....he doesnt REALLY want to do it anymore...i know my horse, and i KNOW he is starting to feel his age round the tough bsja tracks...

so Monty is retiring from bsja, but not fully retiring (he's far too lively for that! haha) but sj is just a bit much for him, with the tights turns, strides etc...so in 2010 i aim to keep him sound and happy, hacking/schooling and might do the odd HT for fun, a he loves a bit of xc
smile.gif

he has taken me from 60cm single fences to jumping 1m10 bsja, and i even have flown over 1m45 fences before... he has really and truly taught me everything....i owe him all i know, and will massivley miss showjumping him
frown.gif

happy bsja retirement monty!!

(i made two cheesy youtube videos for him lol...one is just photos, the other is a proper video...watch them if you like
smile.gif
)

Part 1 (photos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7tNmsIHWVI

Part 2 (video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plBqbk_ow5g&feature=response_watch

bit of a pointless post...but just felt like announcing it to those of you who have followed my posts on my horses
smile.gif

xxx

AutumnRose

Visit site
Aw you can see how much he's loved his job in the video and pics.

Well done for making the right decision for him, you have so many fab memories of competing him and of everything he's taught you.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
nice horse he looks nicely suited on the hunting field possible odd retirment trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea he has done a lot of hunting in his life, on the side of his BE and BSJA...he has been huntsmans horse and whip in for the south notts...

my mum will probably take him on a few days this season (she has already took him on a few) - i dont do hunting on monty though, cant stop
wink.gif
haha
blush.gif
dont really like being out of control...lol! xxx

MandyMoo

Visit site
AutumnRose - thankyou, i hope iv made the right decision
smile.gif

jojo - he really is a lovely horse, a saint
smile.gif
and he doesnt look/act half bad for a nearly 20 year old, bless him
smile.gif
xxx

kirkton

Visit site
OMG, I just watched the video and I cried! And I don't even know you!

Very emotional, lovely video!

Hope he has a long and happy retirement

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
Lovely vids, sounds like he's still going to have lots of fun
laugh.gif
! Who whipped in on him with the SN.... I vaguely recognise him from some piccies ive seen - but could be totally wrong
tongue.gif
!!

MandyMoo

Visit site
Boyd Cross, my yard owner
smile.gif
and John Dandy hunted him aswell when he was huntsman

oh, and monty USED to be on the homepage for the snotts website with john on him (before the new huntsman) xx

MandyMoo

Visit site
you never know, someone else probably has ridden him in snotts, so you might not be wrong!
smile.gif
because boyd owned him for a couple of years when he was 16/17 and hunted him lots, and hired him out to huntstaff
smile.gif
xx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
He looks like he has a beautiful soul.

You had me crying like a baby - what a lovely mix of muisc and pictures - you must love him very much.
smile.gif

Firewell

Visit site
Lovely, lovely horse! I like the vids as well, a nice tribute to him
grin.gif
. I hope he enjoys his retirement, looks like he deserves it
smile.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
sussexbythesea - thankyou
smile.gif
i do love him so so much! as he was my first horse, and he taught me so much
smile.gif
oops, sorry, didnt mean to make you cry! lol
smile.gif

firewell - thankyou xx

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Good for you, he looks amazing and i'm sure you will still have a fab year on him next year and still have loads of fun!

Shows a good horsewomen to recognise that and actually do it when you've had a such a great year....i'm sure he'll thank you for it!

Hope he enjoys his hunting....!

MandyMoo

Visit site
prudence - thankyou
smile.gif

eveningstar - he is a perfect schoolmaster, and has definitley earned a quiet life! bless him
smile.gif

samuelwhiskers - it was a hard decision to make, i could of been selfish and kept him going because i enjoy him so much, and he would do it if i asked, hes like that bless, but he wouldnt have enjoyed it and i think the right decision was to stop now,

thanks everyone for nice comments
smile.gif
xx