RIHS - GB SL nations cup team

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Makes interesting reading in my opinion

Robert Smith, Will Funnell, John & Michael Whitaker

I presume Nick not in as well he basically guarunteed WEG spot. But considering his form earlier in year I would have expected Tim Gredley in there as surely it is last chance for team selection and although he has shown good form earlier in year it is no where near enough to secure team place?

Whereas in selectors eyes I'm sure at least probably John given recent form is pretty much a dead cert so why not have put tim in today's team ahead of him?!

Anyway will be interesting to see the results later today and after that the team selection!

Katie

Rambo

Visit site
I think you're right about Nick...he's a cert, as would be Michael. John I think needs to prove himself (well his horse lol!) in this NC. He had a very good win on Peppermill recently, but the horse is still relatively inexperienced at this level. Robert, Will and Tim will be scrapping it out for the other places, so perhaps strange not to see Tim in there, but then it is our home NC and we do want to win it so no point putting out an overly weakened team
tongue.gif

The Voice

Visit site
I think it is a bit of a poor choice, even if it is a home NC (against other teams that are hardly putting in their strongest teams - again). Yes Nick should be in the team (although I am not a big Arko fan) and so should Michael for the WEG. Unless there is a reasean why Tim coudn't have been included in the NC team, Michael should have been left out and Tim included so that all four fighting for the two remaining places could have been judged on current form. So has the team already been decided and is it about prize money for the riders?