RIHS Round Uo

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Following on from the horrible past few weeks, everyone picked themselves up and put maximum effort into focussing on the Royal International. And we were not disappointed, with probably our best ever results.

The Humdinger started with taking thesupreme coloured champion, beating some 200 horses and ponies on the way. He did THE most superb gallop in the championship and I think really deserved this accolade. Aidensfield Rupert was second in the large plaited which was a very competitive class - the reserve supreme coloured taking first place in this class.

In the hunters Time 2 Reflect was second in the LWs to the fabulous Dunbeacon with Knightsbridge Court taking 2nd in the MWs. One of our liveries was 5th in the open MWs and 3rd in the Amateurs - always a very competitive class.

Hello Dolly excelled herself during the storms on Friday and won the small RH before going champion - a championship which Comberton Clancy had previously won.

On Saturday Broadshare Simplicity was 6th in the large hack and Marque of DIstinction was 7th in the intermediates. Busy day as this was followed by Colebourne and Dylan Thomas beibng 6th and 7th respectively in the maxi cobs. Its After Eight too the small hunter championship for a second year in a row, with a storming gallop in the main arena.

On Sunday (last day in a very busy week!) Moortown Maisie was 6th in the LW cobs (she is still very much an novice) and The Keystone Cob took 2nd in the HWs. Ballyell Turbo with his owner took 4th in the open class and then won the amateur HWs and took reserve champion.

Also on Sunday was the horse supreme - 6 of the week;s winners took part and we were lucky enough to have two horses take part. Dinger is now in his 4th RIHS supreme and thoroughly enjoyed himself, ending up third. Hello Dolly (who is also a novice) suffered a bit of stage fright so was given a very gentle ride and came in 6th. But a great achievement for a young horse to get into the championship.

Our team were simply amazing this week - on Saturday we had 4 horses all competing within an hour of each other and it is some feat to get everything worked and immaculate and in the right place

Accolade of the week goes to Simon and Pearly King with THE most amazing supreme performance. Well done to the RIHS team who kept the show on the road in a week that started with driving rain and ended in glorious sunshine! Roll on next year!

Jane_Lou

Visit site
There should be a "like" button - amazing results and although I am sure it doesn't in anyway make up for the last few weeks I hope it has given you all something to smile about.

miss_c

Visit site
What a fab report as always FMM, so pleased the team did well (especially Dinger as you know I love him!!)

I'm glad you are all managing to move forward one day at a time after the last few weeks, however hard it is, and as you know you have my support for that.

F
x

mil1212

Visit site
I had the pleasure of competing against Aidensfield Rupert in the coloured mw's, he is so eyecatching, and huge! I also had the pleasure of watching the coloured championship, and actually seeing Dinger in the flesh, he is so amazing, couldn't quite see his gallop for the trees but his trot is just wonderful, there was no way he couldn't be champion.
I really wish I had been able to stay and watch the supreme championship, sounded amazing! Well done team FMM, sounds like a logistical nightmare :)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks! We were so pleased with all the horses this week - they tried so hard and all seemed to be enjoying the fabulous going and the enormous rings. It makes such a difference when you can really let them go and show what they can do!

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I'm confused who was where, when and how just reading that :biggrin3: Don't know how you all do it, I struggle trying to get one in the right place at the right time. What a fabulous week for you all.