Ring Doorbell

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I absolutely love mine! I love how you can see the comings and goings of everyone in the vicinity of your property!
But please don’t allow your other half access to it!
I cannot get any secret deliveries anymore and tell him , ‘oh this old thing, ive had it for ages’ ??♥️

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I absolutely love mine! I love how you can see the comings and goings of everyone in the vicinity of your property!
I cannot get any secret deliveries anymore and tell him , ‘oh this old thing, ive had it for ages’ ??♥️

haha!! Love mine too, I was having the exact same issue! Luckily he got a new phone and hasn’t bothered to re download the app so I can get away with anything now ?

Birker2020

Visit site
Argh no! That's no good. Delivery to work instead ;)
There's a company on the TV that keeps advertising, it looks really useful, its Verisure, they do and alarm and ring doorbell system at a special offer. We already have an ADT alarm or we'd get that instead. And partner has rigged a CCTV camera outside the house as we have had a fair share of trouble with local youths.

Annagain

Visit site
My OH is the 'manager' on our Ring app so only he can delete stuff. When I accidentally scratched his car getting electric fence posts out of mine I had to get to his phone before he did to delete the footage so I could deny all knowledge. Luckily, he was in the shower at the time. He wouldn't be angry but I'd never hear the end of it and it's not worth the hassle.

Annagain

Visit site
Argh no! That's no good. Delivery to work instead ;)
There's a company on the TV that keeps advertising, it looks really useful, its Verisure, they do and alarm and ring doorbell system at a special offer. We already have an ADT alarm or we'd get that instead. And partner has rigged a CCTV camera outside the house as we have had a fair share of trouble with local youths.

I hate those Verisure alarm adverts with a passion.They make me irrationally angry. Even if I was in the market for a burglar alarm, I wouldn't buy one of those on principle because of those adverts.

asmp

Visit site
I was about to post on the forum to ask if they were any good. I nearly bought one on Amazon Prime day but the reviews seemed quite bad - mainly about wifi connection.

Arzada

Visit site
They are absolutely brilliant! Fully recommend them ☺️
I'm thinking of getting a wired one to replace my current doorbell and fitting it myself. It seems to be quite straightforward. Did you fit a wired one and did you DIY? Also are you just using it through your phone or did you fit a Chime? Thanks

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a wired one to replace my current doorbell and fitting it myself. It seems to be quite straightforward. Did you fit a wired one and did you DIY? Also are you just using it through your phone or did you fit a Chime? Thanks
No wired , the battery lasts ages! Amazon have great deals on them with chimes, i bought a chime but really my house isnt too big that I actually need it,
Wiring is simple, would pop off a cable for the light switch but honestly battery is so easy

babymare

Visit site
I hate those Verisure alarm adverts with a passion.They make me irrationally angry. Even if I was in the market for a burglar alarm, I wouldn't buy one of those on principle because of those adverts.
Totally agree. Wind me up so much! The men don’t speak. woman says “ we need an alarm”. Man nods head like a Churchill dog! Really FFS

DiNozzo

Visit site

I think both the installers on those adverts look like excellent candidates for burglars.

Kaylum

Visit site
They are fantastic I also have the wireless cameras round the back of my property and in my house. My friend bought a cheaper version and it is no way near as good.

Annagain

Visit site
Totally agree. Wind me up so much! The men don’t speak. woman says “ we need an alarm”. Man nods head like a Churchill dog! Really FFS

It's not even that (although I do hate gender stereotyping) it's the terrible acting, the awful stilted script, the fact that they talk about "a verisure alarm" in conversation when anybody normal would just say "burglar alarm" and the way they play on fears. I'm surprised they've stopped at people in next door's garden and haven't gone as far as neighbours being raped and murdered.

The latest one really winds me up. Who facetimes their mother when they're about to go on holiday and the lift to the airport is waiting? You're always too busy checking you've got your passport, sunglasses, foreign money etc. And if you "can't relax on holiday without a verisure alarm" you've got bigger problems than an alarm can solve.

Maybe making the world's most annoying adverts is a genius move as they're certainly memorable but there's no way I'll be buying one.