Ringworm on the yard.. Advice?

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Hi you lovely lot!

As the title says, there is 3 definate cases on the yard- confirmed by the vet (all horses belong to the same person - She owns 8). Closely inspected my 4 guys last night and cannot see anything on them, they dont come into contact with the other horses but want to be on the safe side so should they be treated in anyway? I know it's not the end of the world, but want to treat it in the best way possible. Should all stables be disinfected? grooming kits? saddle clothes? Rugs?

I've done the usual 'googling'.. but hopefully you guys can be of some help!

The owner of the horses said she would rather have kept it hush hush and dealth with it, but i feel it's better out in the open so that we can all deal with it together.

Thank you cherubs!

putasocinit

Visit site
It is cntagious through tack, rugs, human contact, but not every horse will get it, usually the young or those who are not that well, bit run down, but it isnt a killer, wash body with stericelle spray, do not rinse, let dry, put lamasil on actual spots, when they get a head squeeze, clean and put fuciderm on, also lots of turn out in the sun. Wash your rugs, numnahs etc.

Moody-Mare

Visit site
It is cntagious through tack, rugs, human contact, but not every horse will get it, usually the young or those who are not that well, bit run down, but it isnt a killer, wash body with stericelle spray, do not rinse, let dry, put lamasil on actual spots, when they get a head squeeze, clean and put fuciderm on, also lots of turn out in the sun. Wash your rugs, numnahs etc.

Thank you :) cant see any signs on my lot but I'll keep my eye's peeled!

Ring worm lives in wood so spraying wont make any difference.

So how do i go about dealing with it? Stables will be scrubbed out with j. fluid asap. As I said- the horses affected are at the opposite end of the yard and dont get stabled at all

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
it is self limiting and sunlight will dry it up fast. just don't share anything with anybody else. you can wash/dip everything in a virkon e solution, and also use this to spray your stables if he infected horses have been near them. not everything will catch it they do develop a resistance if they have had it before. canestan on any suspect patches works well, or imaverol (which is pom from vet) don't panic.