Rio Olympics - Eventing Dressage Day Two

PolarSkye

Visit site
Hahahaha - that lovely grey just did exactly what my boy used to do . . . come down the centre line and then act like a giraffe. Funny when you're unaffiliated at Wellington, not so much when you're at the Olympics. It's a shame - now he's pacing in the walk - lots of tension, he's obviously very fit and quite hot. Bless him. I really like him.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Wow that tail is white!

Ps good effort Lexi :D

Hmmm - I was just thinking it needed a good wash - it's rather yellow towards the end and the underside is looking manky (although if the horse is "hot" and stressed, it'll have been pooing for England - or Australia)!

P

Last edited:

teapot

Visit site
Gatcombe looks empty compared to last year (was there)! Another who's mutitasking and might put either the rowing or the sevens on too.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Gatcombe looks empty compared to last year (was there)!

That's a shame . . . it's a great event - but then many of the heavy hitters are in Rio so perhaps the crowds stayed away to watch Rio on the telly. That said, there should still be enough four star riders to make it exciting/worth going.

marmalade88

Visit site
WHAT Is he doing with his elbows/hands? I hate puppy paws! i like this horse much more than that grey the Russian was riding yesterday.

only_me

Visit site
How do the russians qualify for eventing?

Lol think rider is very pleased to have the dressage over:p

Must be quite a high % of arab in the horse, spindly tall with a half tail!

PolarSkye

Visit site
I do love it's little wispy, foal-y tail though - dear friend of mine's old horse (her horse of a lifetime really) had a similar tail - he was an ex-racehorse and was one of Kali's very best friends.

P

teapot

Visit site
That's a shame . . . it's a great event - but then many of the heavy hitters are in Rio so perhaps the crowds stayed away to watch Rio on the telly. That said, there should still be enough four star riders to make it exciting/worth going.

Unless they're a huddled around a big screen watching the ERM coverage and maybe the dressage if they're showing it somewhere too. That said, Barbury was quieter this year too and most there huddled around a big screen. Got mixed feelings about the ERM.

Anyway, Pippa's next on after this break

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
3.20 Pippa, 18.58 Kitty.

Thought the French horse would have been in the 30s.

My internet/I player keeps stopping and starting, very frustrating. Hope it doesn't do it tomorrow, got friends coming over for lunch and Xc watching, be a mess if it doesn't play!
i think there is some cc on bbc 4 from 1 to 4pm so you may be ok

only_me

Visit site
Oh threads been moved!

As before, how do russian eventers qualify? Do The majority qualify within russia?

Ps. My first (naughty!) thought when saw the spindly horse was that it could have done with some of those steroids lol

only_me

Visit site
Wow, lovely paces! Just floats!

Why is it that the arena seems so much bigger from above but feels tiny when riding in it lol

Lexi_

Visit site
Lovely test! Bravo Pippa :) I'll be interested to see the marks - good but not spectacular methinks.