RIP Bodger - Bullmastiff with Lymphoma

millimoo

Visit site
Sadly my parents Bullmastiff was PTS at home last Tuesday, having lost his short fight to Lymphoma - he would have been 8yrs in March. I posted before Christmas asking for info on chemo treatments as we were in two minds, and didn't want to do anything too invasive, when the outcome would be the same.

We caught it early, so started on Steroids, and Oral Chemo, but by Christmas we had to stop the chemo as it wasn't agreeing with him, and we decided to let him be well for a shorter time. My mums lost a Bully to this awful disease before, so knew what she was dealing with.

He was a fabulous dog, my parents are bereft, and i'm absolutely gutted too - he was my Labs best buddy, although they didn't live together, and she misses him too.
It's just so sad they have to leave us too soon :-(

Bodger 6-8 weeks before diagnosis in one of the paddocks at home
picture.php

RIP Dear boy :-( you were such a nice person, and leave a massive hole in our lives
picture.php

Last edited:

millimoo

Visit site
Thanks all for your kind words... a friend of mine says there's always one animal that touches your life a little more than the rest. He was that dog for my parents :-(

However, although the wrong side of 65 they both love the breed, and will have another when they are ready... and haven't ruled out a mature dog needing a home.

In the meantime they have a holiday at the end of February in Barbados to cheer them up - not that my mum wants to go, as she hates leaving the horses in case anything happens whilst she's away.

They also look after my lab, when i'm away on Business, and they had Molly the other night, and mum thanked me for sharing her (the silly billy), whilst I sat at home in the evening missing my pooch :)... its amazing how you miss the routine of walks, feeding, and constant companionship - I dread the day with Molly

My girly Molly moo moo taken on the same day as the pictures of Bodger - it's actually nice to do this as it's a bit of a memorial for him :)

Mollymoomin - you don't live far from me, thats Beamsley in the background :)

picture.php

Last edited: