RIP Holly

Mickle

Visit site
In the early hours of this morning my beautiful little dog died peacefully in her sleep. She was still alive at 1am when I went to bed but when something made me go down at about 4.30am she had gone. Today is her 17th birthday. RIP little lady. Miss you always.

brightmount

Visit site
What a blessing when an elderly dog dies peacefully in her sleep. Although you feel sad at losing her, you will be able to look back and take comfort that she went so peacefully after such a long life.

Zebedee

Visit site
A grand age for a dog, & kinder for you both that she slipped away peacefully in her sleep.

R I P Holly. A much loved little dog x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
So very sorry for you but what a lovely way for her to go, you were her last 'visitor'. I can but wish that all of mine could go the same way when its their time too. Cherish your memories, they're very precious.

Naryafluffy

Visit site
So sorry to hear your loss.
There is a sticky on the All About Dogs forum for those that have ran over the rainbow bridge.

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth.
it is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and calleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this special place .
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and the frail are young again, those who are maimed are made whole again.
The play all day with each other, there is only one thing missing.
They are not with their special person who loved them on earth .
So each day they run and play until the day comes when suddenly one stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitching!
The ears are up!
The eyes are staring!
And this one suddenly runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and embrace.
you face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
The you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never to be separated again.

Mickle

Visit site
Thank you for all the messages, they really do help. The last thing I told her was that I loved her and she should go to the rainbow bridge to find her brother who we lost 2 years ago. Knowing she is with him and her son (who also died just under 2 years ago) makes me feel better.