RIP Milly - feeling very bereft today :'(

millimoo

Visit site
Feeling very weepy today as my 19 year old cat Milly was PTS yesterday afternoon.
I posted last November and had wonderful support from forum members, who also shared stories of their kitty cats.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=498318
She had taken a lot of looking after over the last 18 months, and I thought it was time more than once before.
She was my first cat from the RSPCA, with her sibling Jack, when i bought my first house, and saw me through parties, boyfriends, and the loss of other cats, and a move to my current home. Part of me is in disbelief that she's no longer here. And although she had become the faddiest, messiest cat, who cost me a fortune in vet check ups, medication, cat litter and the largest selection of cat food trials you've ever seen (with fresh chicken, and fish on the faddy days) ... I'm absolutely gutted to the core.

Milly my darling, good night & god bless, run free at Rainbow Bridge with Jack & Louis.

Molly, Timmy, Toby & Poppyferal will miss you... even though you were horrible to them sometimes, they had the utmost respect to the very end :(

nikicb

www.facebook.com
So sorry to hear your news - I adore my cats and still miss the ones that are no longer with me. But I have to say that 19 is an amazing age - you must have looked after her so well, especially in her latter years. Be proud of having taken her on and having given her a wonderful life. Hugs. xx

ghostie

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. It might not seem like much comfort now, but she lived a long happy life with an owner that loved her very much and took care of her to the end, and that is very special. Sleep tight Milly cat xx

Shantara

Visit site
*hugs tightly* I'm so sorry :( I lost my Holly a few months ago, but I find I haven't slept properly since and more often that not, I exhaust myself from crying to actually sleep.

I hope it doesn't take too long for you to stop feeling sad and remember the good times with her. <3

millimoo

Visit site
Thank you all, seeing your posts made me cry... Again :')
I agree that 19 yrs is an amazing age, and I will recover. I lost another cat four years ago last February, but my Labrador puppy Molly arrived 2 weeks later (I waited a over a year for the litter) so she was in hindsite fantastic for grief - and she is helping now

I've had the most ridiculous day working from home, with problems kicking off left, right and centre... Had to remain focussed on multiple conference calls, whilst sobbing my head off in-between - not the proffessional project manager I like to try and portray. Thank god they couldn't see me!
My poor mum left me the most beautiful roses on my doorstep - couldn't answer the door as I was running a conference call at the time... Sobbed yet again when I saw them
Thanks all for being the fab people that you are, it's nice to see the lovely kind thoughts - it really helps :)

It currently feels like Millys released a lot of hidden emotion. Early night me thinks. Thanks again x

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh, I'm so very sorry. I know we all chunter on about how it's part of having animals in our lives, but the reality is it's rotten/awful/heartbreaking when we lose them.

I am thinking of you.

P

kezimac

Visit site
So sorry for you. I lost both of my 17 yrs old girls in sept and oct last yr, within 6 weeks of each other. both had renal failure. One was taken from me rather quickly and the other i had to make a decision before she went too downhill. They were my children - both very much missed and i spent weeks imagining i heard them or saw them. I will miss them for a very long time and shall never again have cats as I could never replace them.

It will get easier in time, but you will never forget - she will always be in your heart.
Lots of hugs xxx and crying helps x

Emilieu

Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry to hear you have lost such an old, loyal friend. You will feel her loss terribly after having her such a long time. Let yourself cry and give yourself time.
Sending hugs from me and purrs from the Jazzcat xx