RIP My Beautiful Orange Horse

Orangehorse

Visit site
The day that we all dread. My beautiful, nosey, bright-eyed, friend was PTS today. Heartbreaking, what a hole he will leave in my life. With pricked ears and bright eyes to the end.

The vet came in the gales on Wednesday morning and confirmed what I dreaded. She gave him a pain-killing injection to last 24 hours, and he looked 10 years younger out in the field this morning, in bright September sunshine, having a last pain-free day, fed with carrots, and stroked to the end.

The vet said he was one of her first patients when she joined the practice, and I really appreciated that she came and was so kind and professional and everything was calm and peaceful, and kind to my dear, dear horse.

He was always ready to join in all my games. Puzzled sometimes, but willing to give it a go. Always happy to say "what are we doing today?" and oh so easy and kind to handle. Apart from being washed! He had a lot of friends and admirers and gave me so many happy years.

So go and find your mates when you get over Rainbow Bridge - and graze together in the meadows for ever more.

Farewell my beauty.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Am so, so sorry, words just never seem enough. You gave him a wonderful life and at the end he was pain free, full of carrots and cocooned in love. RIP beautiful boy.

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's very hard, even when it's their time. I'm sorry for the pain, I hope it fades a bit soon.

Ratface

Visit site
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Orange Horse. He sounds as if he had a lovely life with you and an easeful death. You were both fortunate to have had each other.
Much love.