RIP my beautiful Toby

jaijai

Visit site
Re: My lovely Toby has a liver problem.......

Update :
Sadly the operation today revealed Toby had Hepatic cancer and both liver and pancreas were affected. Richard the vet was amazed at how well Toby had hidden it as the whole of his liver was affected. He was not going to recover from the op so we had to have him PTS. We were all with him and he passed away very peacefully. I am devastated but trying to hold it together for the sake of everyone else -but am not making a very good job of it. I know we did everything we could for him and hope he is now happily chasing squirrels up above. :(:(:(

Native Speaker

Visit site
So, so sorry to hear your news. :( I know just how you feel - we were in a similar place just about a year ago ...........:(

The pain will ease but it will take time. My thoughts are with you this evening.

RIP, Toby. :(

C xx

Goya

Visit site
Hope these words may give you a crumb of comfort. Been in that place where you are, so fully understand.

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this, last battle, can't be won.
You will be sad - I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want to suffer so,
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me until the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you too will see
It is a kindness you do to me....

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I am so sorry you have lost your lovely dog Toby, when you are presented with news like this and there is nowhere to go it is devastating. You did the right thing and dont torture your self with thinking you should have picked it up earlier because animals are so stoic and good at hiding and compensating you were not to know. Take comfort from the fact you were there for him.
God bless.

jaijai

Visit site
Thank you all for you kind words and the beautiful poem. Although I haven't been a member of this forum for very long I have noticed how supportive everyone is and your words are very much appreciated.

mytwofriends

Visit site
How very sad. What a brave boy you had. I hope your pain will subside soon, but your wonderful memories of Toby remain. I lost a dog two months ago and I think of her every day.

What wonderful friends they are ......

(((Hugs))) to you at this sad time.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. I didn't comment on your other thread as my old bitch had liver and spleen issues and went very suddenly and I did not want to be a doom monger and/or give you false hope either :(

RIP Toby x