RIP Pharaoh :'(

Swift08

Visit site
Pharaoh's uveitis flared up on saturday so today he went into hospital for tests today and they basically confirmed what I had already thought was wrong. I can't remember the exact wording but it was an auto immune disorder that caused his rig scar to swell and his eye to flare up, probably triggered by the rig op somehow :( They are going to run his bloods and do a post mortem for research purposes and I think send them off to prof. knottenbelt as it is so rare. We have fought this condition for 3 years now but he had got so bad that I could no longer ride him as he was lacking condition and coughed so much so it was likely that his organs were failing anyway.
The staff were brilliant and I lead him to a nice grassy patch where he had a bit of grass (he was sedated at the time anyway) and as I brought his head up so he could be injected he struck out like he does when he's not getting his own way! It happened so quickly and i'm really happy with how it was handled which has made me feel better about it all. He was only 7 which is no age at all but there was no way I would want him to be in more pain like he would have been and hopefully he will go on to help other horses :)
RIP little man, now you can eat all the grass you want!!! xx

smudge99

Visit site
Sorry about that, its a horrible condition, we had to have an old mare PTS last year due to having it. RIP Pharaoh and (((hugs))) to you.

Liz x

Emily91

Visit site
So sorry to hear this! I know exactly how you feel, my little mare was PTS on Thursday.

Big hugs to you all! R.I.P Pharaoh.

Something that made me smile a little when my mare was PTS:

"Time has taken me from you, although not far. I'll be watching through the sunshine and through the brightest star."

michelleice

Visit site
As Ive said on facebook hun u need anything or wanna offload im here 24/7 R.I.P little man at least time he had with you was amazing and he was loved and well cared for!

**hugs **

ISHmad

Visit site
So sorry. RIP Pharaoh, you have a wonderful Mum who gave you everything, including a peaceful passing when you needed it.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
So sorry to hear this. It's always a difficult decision to make and even harder when the horse is young. Thank goodness Pharoah had a responsible owner who was able to make the best decision for him.

MissTyc

Visit site
So sad I lost my boy to this after a 10 year chronic case that suddenly took a turn for the worse, leaving us with no choice (hugs). Like you, I was relieved in a way as I knew there no recovery possible. So sad.