RIP Richard Meade

Orangehorse

Visit site
This is so sad. Richard was one of those sporting heroes in the UK's eventing triumphs and helped put eventing into the limelight. Sympathy to all his family and friends. RIP.

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
A childhood hero. Saw him a few times over the last few years following Beaufort hounds both on foot and mounted. A true legend. Believe he was still schooling horses when Harry was not riding. RIP

madmav

Visit site
I am sorry to hear that. He was a fabulous rider. And had an amazing life. Sad for Harry and the rest of the family.

Nosey

Visit site
Very sad- he always came over as a real gent. He has given so many of us some very happy memories.Condolences to all his friends & family.

Faithkat

Visit site
Sad news indeed, he was a charming man. I met him at Tweseldown when he judged my youngster in the Young Event Horse In-hand Championships (and was quite overcome that he was one of the judges!) and again at the Olympics when I was a GamesMaker. A lovely, lovely man and my condolences to his family.

pip6

Visit site
We had tickets to xc day at the olympics. We were sat in the stand watching horses go over a lovely combination (fences were gorgeous), when an older couple sat next to us. A gb rider went through, think it was mary. There was a wall of noise following each gb rider around the course, it was an immense experience even as a spectator. This gentleman turned to his companion and commented they didn't have anything like that (reception) in tokyo olympics. They then got up and moved on, penny dropped it was R. Meade.

tjtops

New User
Visit site
What a truly lovely tribute in this week's H&H from Bonnie Robinson (star letter)...absolutely fitting for a great, great horseman. Thank you!