RIP Stephen Moore

teapot

Visit site
Taken from H&H online:

"A Northern Irish event rider has died, two weeks after a fall at Glenarm Castle Horse Trials.

Stephen Moore, aged 45, died of a heart attack on Friday after collapsing at home. It is thought he also had broken ribs and a punctured lung.

John Wright, chairman of Eventing Ireland, said: "We extend our heartfelt sympathies on behalf of the whole equestrian community to the family of Stephen Moore, who died tragically in Coleraine hospital on Friday 15 August, and also to his colleagues in the northern region of Eventing Ireland."

It is not yet known whether Mr Moore died due to complications from injuries sustained at Glenarm.
He fell from his horse Whoa Nelly at the Co Antrim event on 2 August, sustaining a broken collar bone. If connected to the fall, his death would be the 16th internationally in eventing since August 2006.

Stephen's twin brother Sam was killed in a fall at Blenheim in 1997."

Thoughts to all concerned
frown.gif
frown.gif

Merlotmonster

Visit site
How shocking...being a twin myself, I couldnt imagine losing my sister. Very brave of him to carry on and tragic for the family to lose two sons.. my sympathies go out to the family.

clairel

Visit site
This news has really shaken me, I feel so devastated for his family and friends! The atmosphere last Sat at Kircubbin was so strange. I know there will be a great turn out tomorrow and hope there are many donations to the Sam Moore fund...I know I will be contributing