RIP Two Sox

mil1212

Visit site
So sad for Maria:

from www.horsehero.com

'Such sad news: Barely two weeks into retirement, Two Sox, our beloved Ed, shattered his pastern while grazing and was put down yesterday. It is a complete mystery how this happened as he appeared to be settling perfectly into his new routine of hacking and turnout. The paddock was small, level and in view of our outdoor arena so we could keep an eye on him and he seemed perfectly relaxed in the october sunshine. We are all devastated it is like losing a member of the family, he was such a special horse, one of the best. it's been a terrible shock,
especially for Maria. Geri Eilberg.'

TommyTwoShoes

Visit site
I had the honour of meeting him and working with him for 3 days a few years ago. He was such a lovely boy and very much one of the family. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to the family, especially Maria. R.I.P Two Sox xxx

kezimac

Visit site
Such devasting news for Maria and family. Watched his last teat before he was retired at the nationals two weeks ago and it bought tears to my eyes when he was retired.
Such a cruel thing fate.

RIP Ed and god bless Maria

olop

Visit site
:( :( :( was only reading about him going into retirement last week, what a shock.
Absolutely gutted for all his connections, they must be devastated :(
RIP Two Sox xxxx

Natch

Visit site
How awful. He sounds as if he was much loved.

This is unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, why people who own valuable horses often don't give them turnout. :(