RIP.

TwoPair

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss, but you know you did the right thing. I hope he has left you many happy memories. x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
So sorry to hear this but he must have had a good life having fun and being cared for in spite of his quirks; what more can any horse ask. Remember him with fondness.

FWIW my vet had four in for colic surgery on Boxing Day (just moved off from the meet too, had to bring horse here and fly off), one didn't make it onto the table and another is touch and go; surgery's not the easy option many think especially for an older one. I feel you made the right call for Toby sad though it is.

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
So sorry to hear this but he must have had a good life having fun and being cared for in spite of his quirks; what more can any horse ask. Remember him with fondness.

FWIW my vet had four in for colic surgery on Boxing Day (just moved off from the meet too, had to bring horse here and fly off), one didn't make it onto the table and another is touch and go; surgery's not the easy option many think especially for an older one. I feel you made the right call for Toby sad though it is.

thank you Maesfen but what brings it on though,he was only a companion to the boys pony and been up to their knees in straw in the large cattle shed,cos of waterlogged fields,and fed only haylage,which the others get too.

VoR

Visit site
The bigger sods they are the more we love 'em and the harder it is to say goodbye it seems to me, but we have to do the right thing for them and not us and that you did, so sorry.