Ripped nostril *pics*

fairyclare

Visit site
Lia has managed to rip her nose, I think i know what she has doen it on and will be removing it from her stable asap in the mean time its taped up to stop another accident!

Unfortunatly, I was away until sat eve so only saw it when I put her to bed at about 6.30pm.
I don't know when it happened but it was sometime between my mum putting her away on Fri night and my friend turning her out at 5.30am on sat, she def did it in her stable as there is blood smeared up the wall and on her front leg (friend saw the blood on her leg, checked her leg over but didn't think to look at her nose) anyway..........
By the time I saw the rip in her nostril, it was too late to get the vet out to stitch it as it could well have been 18hrs+ old, so i cleaned it up and put germoline on it, gave her a bute in her dinner and breakfast as had swollen a little bit, plan to call the vet in the morning (didn't think it warranted a OOH vets call out as it wasn't bothering her at all)
As I said, I will call the vet in the morning, guess they will want to come and see her, I think they may well need to snip a bit of the ripped skin off, it is ripped higher up on the inside of her nose than it appears in the pic's.
Pic's of her poorly nose and comments on what you think they will do.
[image]
101_1195.jpg
[/image]
[image]
101_1205.jpg
[/image]

[image]
101_1200.jpg
[/image]
[image]
101_1204.jpg
[/image]

Hope they aren't to huge!

Thanks for looking
smile.gif
any advice welcome!

Nailed

Visit site
Hey hun.
Saw these on your Facebook earlier and thought how nasty a wound it was!
Luckily it lookis to have started healing already and I wreckon it will heal quickly if you can keep the flies and nasties outta it!

I really think it is going to heal well. Keep it clean and dry and I dont think youll have too much trouble, but Im sure you already know, its going to scar.

Hugs to you and your ned!!!

Lou x

fairyclare

Visit site
Thanx Nailed!
Lia doesn't do things by half, but then you know what its like to own a ginger ned!

Luckily she wears a full face mask with a nose peice so the horrid flies and stuff can't get to it (its extra long because of her head shaking!)
I have washed it with warm salt water last night and savalon spray sprayed on cosmetic pads today x2 (got 1 good spray in b4 she decided she didn't like having stuff sprayed up her nose, lol.
She does heal quickly, and I am anal about keeping her and everything around (and on) her clean!

Nailed

Visit site
On one of the pics on Facebook, it actually looked like it had started to web back together. Keep it cleans its the only advice i can give, An di do agree, i think the vet will want to see her. As its a deep wound, even though its only so due to the location, I think it make need some skin off and a stitch.

Yes.. Ginger neds are GREAT and getting ill/hurt.

Also, I bought CATO a new fly rug (in champagne) and I put the fly mask on last night (attached to neck peice so nigh on impossible to loose?! So i thought)
So where is the face mask??? Answers on a post card!

Lou x

Nailed

Visit site
Lol about right.. I havent even bothered to walk down and look. Ill do it in the morning, But today was too busy.
She didnt care.. was was most unimpressed at lookling like a character out of star wars!

Lou x

Bugly

Visit site
My horse did the exact same thing last Autumn; she caught it on a chain on her stable door (now removed!)...at first it looked pretty awful and like you I thought I'd need the vet to stich it...but after a few days is bound back together. I just kept it clean/hibiscrub initially then lots of Active Wound Gel. The loose bit dried up after a week/10 days and I pulled it off. the skin grew back..now she has just a little indentation but you'd not really notice it.

So this was taken about a week after she did it, you can see the cut bit sort of dried up....
hoochnose.jpg

I couldn't believe it when she did it, i thought she'd be scarred for life but its worked out fine in the end! I'll try to remember to take a photo of it tonight for you.

daisybe33

Visit site
Mine has done the same too but a few years ago now, you'd never really know and it makes him distinctive if he was ever stolen!!!

Peacelily

Visit site
hiya - by the looks of it it's quite small and so long as you keep it clean and crust free, especially where the skin is trying to knit back together - then i'm sure it'll be fine
smile.gif

intrasite gel is good for wounds
might be left with a bit of divit in her nostril but other than that....

ooo put up a before and after pic when it's healed
smile.gif