Robinsons - no longer doing own brand rugs?

lewis2015

Visit site
Sorry if this has already been discussed on the forum, but I did a search and can't find anything relevant!

Does anyone know if Robinsons, now they have been bought out, are no longer doing their own brand 'Requisite' rugs? There don't appear to be any new season Requisite rugs on their website.

TBH, I don't buy them for mine as I find them a poor fit but my best friend loves them on her little mare and I usually buy her one as part of her Christmas present!

Thanks

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I've been looking for rugs tonight! they still had some requ-**** rugs on there, but not so many, so maybe they aren't doing it anymore! I'd say it wouldn't be a massive shame if they did stop doing them! I would prefer branded rugs, as I too found them a rubbish fit! also not the most waterproof!

skint1

Visit site
I am not surprised at this news, they've always been too short and narrow for all of my horses, who have all been very different shapes, they always looked like they were wearing mini skirts!

lewis2015

Visit site
Thanks for replies, guys :)Skint - I agree! My boy always has a bit of belly hanging out of the bottom lol which is not a good look, and even on my skinnyish TB they look short. For some reason, my friend's mare is just the right shape for them!? Weird.

Peterboy1

Visit site
I think they have stopped selling a lot of things in store since being bought by sports direct, so it wouldn't suprise me if they stop the requisite rugs or atleast cut down, I'm not a really a fan of requisite but it's a shame as some of the products are good value

Last edited:

Merlod

Visit site
I used to order lots of bits and bobs as the prices were reasonable and the delivery was fast but I've not shopped at Robinsons since the website changed and it took 2 weeks for my order to arrive, not to mention there seem to be a lot less products :(

lewis2015

Visit site
Yes, definitely a lot less products! I heard someone say they were moving more towards outdoors/ camping gear but I have no evidence if it's true or not, could just be hearsay. It is a shame if they move away from equestrian.

PonyclubmumZ

Visit site
Oh no! I actually liked their rugs, we have a section B and the Requisite rugs fitted him perfectly as he is quite slight. I'll have to keep them going for a few more winters.

lewis2015

Visit site
Oh no! I actually liked their rugs, we have a section B and the Requisite rugs fitted him perfectly as he is quite slight. I'll have to keep them going for a few more winters.

Well I don't know for definite that they aren't doing them, there just don't seem to have been any new winter rug designs/ stock out this year. The old designs are all still in the sale. They may be selling them off first, not sure :/

Peterboy1

Visit site
I used to find then really good but in the cardiff store a few months ago there was hardly anything in stock and they even had notices up apologizing for lack of stock and now it is shutting down.

gothdolly

Visit site
The only Robinsons rugs that really fitted any of ours were the Cosy Pony (and matching Cosy Dog) rugs... My sons 11.2 welshie is still wearing an old Cosy Pony from years ago :) In the last 10 years quality has gone down, in my experience. If they stop doing own brand rugs its probably no great loss, cheap unknown brand rugs are easily available on eBay anyway.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just having a look as my mum just text to say sports direct have cheap lw turn out and they have loads of Requisite stuff on their website pretty cheap too

elliejhb

Visit site
We live near to the Ashton store and went there a few weeks back when they had a 50% sale due to a refurb.
My husband questioned some staff who said that the downstairs would be equestrian and the upstairs outdoor/camping.
I tend to check sportsdirect online first if I need anything.

ashlingm

Visit site
I think it will be such a shame if they move away from the equestrian stuff. I always found them excellent value and their customer service was amazing. The staff were so helpful and friendly! It was always my first choice for any online shopping :)

I refuse to shop with another well known horse clearance site as they are so rude and patronising! It took me 6 months(!!) to get a €12 euro refund from them after they send me a faulty item. They had agreed to refund me...but just never got around to it??!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Robinsons got taken over by Sports Direct. They are in big trouble recently for Modern Slavery & other such bobbins. I would not buy from them firstly because I disagree with their ethics, but also because if it all goes tits up like it should, you'll never get your money back.