Robinsons

Widgeon

Visit site
I used to get a post-Christmas sales trip there every year as a child, it was the highlight of my year! I feel slightly sad that it's gone.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
It was a great place to go when it first opened. Lots of choice and plenty of decent quality brands. It’s not been the same since it reopened with a smaller store after the major fire they had - that was many years ago now.
I used to do a day trip taking in the original Derby House store and Robinsons back in the day.

Roxylola

Visit site
There's naylors (3 locations) Hope valley, and fearns farm all not that far though if you wanted a shopping trip

reynold

Visit site
I furnished my stable yard with stuff from Robinsons such as saddle racks, rug racks, and even some of their showjumps and was never let down.

Also like many bought rugs and clothes for myself from them. Sad to see them go downhill and close.

Melody Grey

Visit site
Following on from this, is the Cannock one still open? Is it worth visiting? Haven’t been for many years but I have a yard move coming up (hurrah!) and might need a few bits.

Ossy2

Visit site
Following on from this, is the Cannock one still open? Is it worth visiting? Haven’t been for many years but I have a yard move coming up (hurrah!) and might need a few bits.
No I believe they closed that one too, but I have it in my mind the store is now occupied by Naylors although not been myself.

scats

Visit site
It was a great place to go when it first opened. Lots of choice and plenty of decent quality brands. It’s not been the same since it reopened with a smaller store after the major fire they had - that was many years ago now.
I used to do a day trip taking in the original Derby House store and Robinsons back in the day.

I loved the old store so much. It never quite felt the same once they rebuilt it.

I did used to enjoy a trip to Robinson’s though. Me and my dad were rather partial to the chips in the cafe!

Abby-Lou

Visit site

Roxylola

Visit site
We have a Naylors locally. It's fairly small and underwhelming, tbh :rolleyes:. Edgemere is nice but again, very small.

Now the huge main Hope Valley Saddlery store at Somerford Park Farm is well worth a bit of a day trip for a visit :D.
My nearest naylors is Rochdale and while its not old Robinsons its not bad - tack, yard stuff, feed, clothes its not a day out on its own but its ok

Flame_

Visit site
The Yorkshire Robinsons isn't connected with the Haydock Robinsons which is closed.

The old Derby House and Estate Supplies in Ashley were the best for extensive stock. You'd never get anywhere like these now.