Robust dog toy?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
We've had our rescue dog about 6 months and it turns out, he's quite the destroyer of toys. So far he has so far chewed through every toy bar one we've given him ? The only exception is the Kong you can fill with food.

Can anyone recommend a robust non food toy for him? Thinking along the lines of a rope toy or soft toy.

Thanks so much :)

Mynstrel

Visit site
The Starmark treat dispensing chew ball is the longest lasting toy we've ever had, think the original one is about 6 years old. Kongs are ok til they make a nick in them, then they're fair game for shredding. Mighty mutts didn't do well with my dogs but their customer service was first class when I said my dogs had trashed two in a day, they saw the damage and just refunded. The one in the pic lasted an hour with my hooligan.

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_204611_3~2.jpg
    IMG_20210103_204611_3~2.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 3

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I have the big Mighty Mutts ball which is wearing well. Still have the bone pictured, what kind of dogs do you have lol?? As mine is a real power chewer. Had the massive green minty one but the plonker lost it somewhere.

Mynstrel

Visit site
I have the big Mighty Mutts ball which is wearing well. Still have the bone pictured, what kind of dogs do you have lol?? As mine is a real power chewer. Had the massive green minty one but the plonker lost it somewhere.

Would you believe me if I said a border collie! We bought them all a mighty mutts for Christmas and all 4 had to be taken away by the end of boxing day. The spangle did help but it was mostly the collie, he's a total toy thug.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
As the owner of 2 terrorists, the only things that have stood the test of time have been the hard rubber balls with flashing lights. The lights provide interest, but the rubber/plastic is hard enough to shrug off teeth.

Forget anything soft enough to squeeze. Ropes were a choke hazard within half an hour.

Clodagh

Visit site
As for rope toys only a genune good quality horse lead rope with the clip cut off and knotted has survived here. All bought ones get stripped down and come out in multi thread poos, always fun to remove.