Rockingham

Madali

Visit site
Anybody competing there tomorrow?

Having walked the 100 course this afternoon I am in a state of panic. Is it me or is the course testing and big?
Think I might talk myself out of it overnight.

anna22

Visit site
Oh no :( poor you, I hate it when that happens... I'm guessing you and your horse are perfectly capable of the height, it is just your impression of the fence being 'harder' than they actually are.
I walk the course, get my lines, ride my lines in my head and think very little about how 'big' anything is. Things don't look so big from the back of a horse anyway. You are capable. Your horse is capable. You just need to ride positively! If you're worried, forget the time, stay steady and just aim for a comfortable, safe, clear round.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't underestimate the power your mind has to transform 1m fences into 130 monsters.
Just keep telling yourself you're both capable :)
If in the morning you're worse, do the dressage and SJ as normal and retire. There's no point in riding an awful round XC and shattering your confidence, you may as well go for the first 2 and then retire :) it's not the end of the world. I'm sure you already do but jump bigger during XC training. Then competing at a smaller height seems much easier. Good luck, I hope you can overcome this horrid feeling xx

Madali

Visit site
It is completely ridiculous I know. As XC is my favourite bit.
Normally there are about 4 fences that I think look scary or technical. On this course there are only 4 that I like the look of. I wonder if it is because it is an international event and everything is beautifully dressed.
There is even a waterfall in the water jump.
I don't really do a lot of schooling between events as my mare is pretty bold. We did a few Novices at the end of last season and she never looked at a thing.
I must pull myself together!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Go and do the dressage, do the SJ and then see how the course is jumping. If it's jumping fine then get out on it and see how it feels. If it's jumping fine for others then it will for you too :)

popsdosh

Visit site
Rockingham always will be at the top end of any level along with other prestigious events! Brigstock was never renowned for being easy!

Madali

Visit site
Good news folks. We flew round. Sadly that could not be said for all competitors. Don't think I have ever been to an event with so many not finishing or falling.

Nicnac

Visit site
Good news folks. We flew round. Sadly that could not be said for all competitors. Don't think I have ever been to an event with so many not finishing or falling.

Well done! I never walk a course the day before because jumps grow by at least 30cm as soon as I get horizontal doncha know.

Madali

Visit site
I have just looked at the results for yesterday of the 200 starters. 61 did not get round the XC clear. That must have been a fairly influential track. I am now feeling doubly pleased with my flying welsh cob. Pity we had a couple of poles in SJ

bex11

Visit site
My yard is 5 mins from the castle and saw the jumps being moved about and thought it looked rather tasty. Well done x