Roeckl XC gloves?

star

Visit site
Anyone got them? I bought some at Olympia and used them for the first time hunting today and they were fab for grip, but already several of the grippy bits have come off with only one use. I cant see them lasting very long if this is how they wear. Thinking about getting in contact with Roeckl as they weren't cheap. Any experiences?

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
well they are FAB with grip.
the first pair i had the rubber things didnt come off for like a year...
my new pair,,,they look/feel slightly different and have come off really soon.
so i think they changed them slightly and not for good...
frown.gif

star

Visit site
yep, def amazing with the grip - it was brilliant. even on sweaty reins i could keep hold - very impressed. BUT - i cant afford a new pair every other hunt when the bits come off!

soupdragon71

Visit site
I've noticed the grips aren't lasting as long as they used to! But even without the rubbery bits they still give very good grip. Also like McWets but they are a lot thinner so don't think they are as robust as the Roeckl ones. Haven't tried the Ariat ones so can't comment.

Fiona

Visit site
Exactly the same has happened with OH's (but he is v hard on gloves so didn't think too much about it). My older ones have lasted years.

I have some VV grippy SSG ones (tried and tested out hunting on TB who snatched at reins constantly). I can check their exact name tomorrow if you like. They are silk lined so quite warm too.

Fiona

lizzieb

Visit site
I've found the newer Roeckl gloves aren't anywhere near as good as the old ones so I've swapped to Macwet which I really like. I don't hunt though so I don't mind them being thin.

AutumnRose

Visit site
I have had Roeckl ones and loved them but a recent pair werent so good so tried ROdney Powell. The RP ones i've had this time have almost worn through after one season which is a bit pants but the grip has been fantastic and they are cheaper, think i'll be getting another pair for next year.

Nic

Visit site
Yep mine have done the same. Fab gloves with the grip on but bits fell off very quickly, still grippy enough to use though. I bought their winter ones a few months ago & haven't had the same problem with those, they're great.

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
I used to love Roekls but they do perish pretty fast esp if you wash them, when mine were dying I used to cut the finger ends off and use them as fingerless summer gloves, and buy a new pair! Have just been given MW's for xmas and so far so good
smile.gif

Fiona

Visit site
They are called SSG soft touch silk lined gloves. I have had them for about 6 months now, and no wear at all including hunting the mad TB who snatched her head down constantly for 2 hours (and I was using reins with stops on so I imagine any other gloves would have been completely shreded).

Can thoroughly recommend. Not sure about price as they were a birthday pressie, but maybe about £20. Not much dearer than Roeckl and much better thats for sure.

Good luck.

Fiona