Rogue Traders

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
RT is doing a follow-up to their piece about puppy farming. Tyersal House Farm in Bradford, some people on the film have been found guilty and banned from keeping dogs. I have viewed but not bought, equine young stock at this farm.

Last edited:

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
RT is doing a follow-up to their piece about puppy farming. Tyersal House Farm in Bradford, some people on the film have been found guilty and banned from keeping animals. I have viewed but not bought, equine young stock at this farm.

Just seen this, and a couple of horses were on the yard when the guy started spraying everyone. The camera man was lucky yo not be double barrelled on his way out to the van.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Well no, I don't suppose they will. One family member who could be seen on the RT video was found not Guilty, so presumably all the dogs will now be hers!

Yes i noticed how they said 6 or the dogs were returned to owner who wasnt involved.
Yeah right!
yes it will be a bit of an annoyance to them but apart from claiming dogs belong to this other person,, they will just breed more horses.

The sentencing the ridiculous.

tania01

Visit site
Pearlsasinger am trying to PM you and your box is full,can you PM me when it is clear thanks alot

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm sure some of the animals they sell are absolutely fine, especially as they sell the rejects through Holmfirth or other unwarranted auctions. I see they are now advertising donkeys and IDs. The IDs don't look very inspiring, imo.

MummyEms

Visit site
the pony arrived today. very sweet so far.

could you explain what you mean about selling the rejects etc? x

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
the pony arrived today. very sweet so far.

could you explain what you mean about selling the rejects etc? x

They breed many horses with little regard to the quality of the animals produced. Those that they reject for reasons such as umbilical hernias, are not registered with their breed society but instead sent to bin-end auctions. I have seen it many times.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've seen a very nice young cob of theirs (to grow on and keep Goody company) and wondering if it's worth a punt or not. Are they fair people to deal with: I'm not looking to be friends with them, just want an honest yearling.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Rabatsa took the words right out of my mouth! If I were to buy from them ( hell would have frozen over), I would want bloods pulling.
Thanks for that so I think I'll give it a miss especially as it would have been 'bought unseen' except by the pics and video on the sale site. I know it's a yearling - and a very nice one too - but some people I will trust to be selling what they say they are but in this case, I'm staying clear - I think! Shame as it might just be The One That Got Away.

I've forgotten how to do multi-quotes, sorry Rabatsa!

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've seen a very nice young cob of theirs (to grow on and keep Goody company) and wondering if it's worth a punt or not. Are they fair people to deal with: I'm not looking to be friends with them, just want an honest yearling.
If I was looking for an honest young cob I'd contact Tom Dunbar. Never bought from him but his reputation is good.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thanks for that so I think I'll give it a miss especially as it would have been 'bought unseen' except by the pics and video on the sale site. I know it's a yearling - and a very nice one too - but some people I will trust to be selling what they say they are but in this case, I'm staying clear - I think! Shame as it might just be The One That Got Away.

I've
will PM you.