Rollestone stud

Mooch

photobucket.com
Think it might be a bit of up and down for a while!!

Do we think it might be a lazy boy?
grin.gif

So nice to see it moving about though.

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about foaling to be honest but it did seem the wrong thing to do to me.
frown.gif
I hope they will be ok

[/ QUOTE ]

If mum hasn't washed baby down, you need to help dry the foal or at least rub legs etc keep it warm and get the circulation going.

(have replied on other thread)

MissIndependance

www.sarahboximages.co.uk
This was the foaling that went the easiest so it was really weird to read this thread and see how worried people were! I always encourage mum to lay down afterthe birth - hence the feed - it gives the baby chance to gain the full benefit of the blood through the cord before it breaks. Bambi has done this before so was sensible enough to relax and rest while she could - giving birth is hard work!

Baby had it's leg tangled in the sac which could have caused issue when he started to struggle to get up so that's what I was removing - I don't do imprinting - I prefer to just let mum and baby get on with it and they always have done so far!

very slow to get to the milk bar - typical boy but has it sussed now and is a big strong boy. Mum Bambi is being a great mum and hopefully today they can go out for a bit for a leg stretch!

That's it now - all the babies are here! I can catch up on some sleep now!