Rolltack saddle trolley

Equi

Visit site
Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this?

£165 for it.

Pricey or worth it?

rolltack-212_ca739498-cbff-415a-a820-625fa7480510_1024x1024.jpg

Equi

Visit site
My question still stands though lol i commented on their site that it was a mad price and they replied "but its quality and 5 functions inc mounting block, tack box " lol not sure i want a mounting block with wheels...

Oh they also said it preserves your saddles shape, thus cutting down on back pain hahahahahaha

Shay

Visit site
For years I've had a version of this which cost far less. I was appalled at the price when they brought this out and remain so!

I have a saddlemate (£25) fixed onto a folding trolley (£10). You drill 4 small holes at each corner of the pod and use cable ties to fix it to the trolley rack.

My husband invented it years ago because when I was just coming back from having broken my back it was very difficult for me to carry a saddle (for my daughter - not me at the time!). But then my daughter half hitched for pony club camp as a great way to have tack, kit etc neatly by the stable and not have to carry everything from the lock up which that year was a distance. So my husband converted it to an "all terrain" version on a trolley with bigger wheels.

I honestly would not be without our mobile saddle pod. Its much bigger than the tack mate - but can be separated and fold flat. And of course you can get more in / on it. I can stick everything I need in or on it and trundle to where I need to go. And if I can't keep standing - I can sit on it. But I wouldn't use anything with wheels as a mounting block though....

And I wouldn't pay £165 for what is really a jumped up child's trunki suitcase!

jumbyjack

Visit site
I had a cheap version, it would have been fine if the wheels had been bigger. Even just using on the yard could have it flinging itself on it's side and it wasn't possible to fit bigger wheels.

Abacus

Visit site
I think a wheelbarrow, if you kept one clean for the purpose, would probably do just as good a job. I don't think a saddle will come to harm if placed on its front in a plastic wheelbarrow, and there would be plenty of room for other stuff. Not as smart but the wheel would be better for the job than the ones on this.

I don't like the budget version though - I have an antipathy to metal saddle racks with bars across the panels.

I have a saddle mate and it's ok - but the saddle slips sideways off it all the time in the car. Probably because it's a sidesaddle so the bottom is slippery linen, but it's not as useful as I thought it would be.

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I had looked at one of these because the tack room is a fair walk to my trailer, so I have to transport saddle, boots/hat, bridle, Haynets etc. I do have a tack pack in my trailer but it's far to heavy to pull along empty never mind full on the way back.

I can't justify the price though and then there is storing it. So I currently use my wheelbarrow. I have a hessian sheet that I lay in the bottom, pile my stuff in and then cover over (if it's raining)! Jobs a good one.

scats

Visit site
I made my own. Normal saddle stand, attached a block of wood to the two legs at the back and put wheels on it. I now just lift the front end and pull it along like a trolley with my tack on.

My tack room is a short walk from my stables so it's brilliant. I can also easily put two saddles on it as well.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You can get this to add to a saddlemate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stubbs-Bu...058331?hash=item1c7088329b:g:VcwAAOSwTA9X5Arm

Total would be £85 for the rack and trolley, with the advantage that they can be separated so you can put the rack part in the car.

I've got a saddlemate, I like it, its useful being able to put things underneath. They come up all the time second hand, I think I paid a tenner for mine. The trolley looks like a really good idea! I'm off to do some googling to see if I can find a cheaper trolley that will work

pansymouse

Visit site
You can get this to add to a saddlemate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stubbs-Bu...058331?hash=item1c7088329b:g:VcwAAOSwTA9X5Arm

Total would be £85 for the rack and trolley, with the advantage that they can be separated so you can put the rack part in the car.

I have one and have given up on it - really poor design - the Saddle Mate keeps falling off and the handle is too short for me (I'm 5' 10"). My friend uses a fishing tackle trolley which is a better designed and better value for money.

soulfull

Visit site
I have the stubbs one. It's great on concrete or dry mud but difficult on gravel or if muddy.
Having said that I wouldn't be without mine now

Leo Walker

Visit site
I have one and have given up on it - really poor design - the Saddle Mate keeps falling off and the handle is too short for me (I'm 5' 10"). My friend uses a fishing tackle trolley which is a better designed and better value for money.

You just saved me a lot of googling for trolleys, thank you!

Equi

Visit site
I plan to get a Stubbs and put it on an IKEA trolley which is a tenner and the best thing I ever bought lol I use it to move my hay and shavings and feed.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Oooh I need a version with bigger wheels... we hsve a 5 minute walk through our village to get to the ponies. I need something my daughters can carry their saddles on if I am not there to do the heavy lifting. But I don't think these trollies' wheels will cope with kerbs. Am wondering if a wheelbarrow is actually my best bet?

pansymouse

Visit site
Oooh I need a version with bigger wheels... we hsve a 5 minute walk through our village to get to the ponies. I need something my daughters can carry their saddles on if I am not there to do the heavy lifting. But I don't think these trollies' wheels will cope with kerbs. Am wondering if a wheelbarrow is actually my best bet?

I'm think of getting one of these https://www.fishingrepublic.net/bla...ley-sbt.html?gclid=COzYn4P4u9ACFQcQ0wod5eUMIg to use with my Saddle Mate, it looks like a combination that might suit you too.

loulabelle17

New User
Visit site
My question still stands though lol i commented on their site that it was a mad price and they replied "but its quality and 5 functions inc mounting block, tack box " lol not sure i want a mounting block with wheels...

Oh they also said it preserves your saddles shape, thus cutting down on back pain hahahahahaha

The wheels dont touch the ground until it is tilted so its very safe to use as a mounting block!!

loulabelle17

New User
Visit site
The idea is good but the price is ridiculous. Also no way would I use it as a mounting block!

Shires tack trolley is good and you don't have to bend right down to lift a heavy saddle and it's half the price
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shires+saddle+trolley&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUotmB2LnQAhXJJiYKHUSZAEQQ_AUICCgC&biw=320&bih=460#imgrc=pjqj90yWxaiN8M:

The wheels dont touch the ground until it is tilted so its very safe to use as a mounting block!!

loulabelle17

New User
Visit site
For years I've had a version of this which cost far less. I was appalled at the price when they brought this out and remain so!

I have a saddlemate (£25) fixed onto a folding trolley (£10). You drill 4 small holes at each corner of the pod and use cable ties to fix it to the trolley rack.

My husband invented it years ago because when I was just coming back from having broken my back it was very difficult for me to carry a saddle (for my daughter - not me at the time!). But then my daughter half hitched for pony club camp as a great way to have tack, kit etc neatly by the stable and not have to carry everything from the lock up which that year was a distance. So my husband converted it to an "all terrain" version on a trolley with bigger wheels.

I honestly would not be without our mobile saddle pod. Its much bigger than the tack mate - but can be separated and fold flat. And of course you can get more in / on it. I can stick everything I need in or on it and trundle to where I need to go. And if I can't keep standing - I can sit on it. But I wouldn't use anything with wheels as a mounting block though....

And I wouldn't pay £165 for what is really a jumped up child's trunki suitcase!