Romainian rescues.

sarahann1

Visit site
Most of those DNA tests are useless unless they're linked to a breed database.

I know people with pure bred dogs (pedigreed and ID'd) who have done them for a laugh to see how wrong they were.

I think my lass is such a mix of breeds I doubt the results would come back with any conclusive results. I think it’s fair to say she’s a mongrel from mongrel parents.

GSD Woman

Visit site
In the USA we have problems with rescues importing dogs. It annoys the poop out of me. There are plenty of dogs in the shelters here for the people who aren't looking for a particular, hard to find breed. Up in the North East they don't have many dogs in their shelters and can always ship some up from down South. Granted a lot of the dogs are hound, pit bull or lab mixes but the Golden rescue and Labrador rescue have plenty as does GSD rescue and border collie rescue. I just don't get it.

skinnydipper

Visit site
"Pawprints to Freedom" import Romanian dogs.

I apologise for the length of this post but I know that not everyone is a member of Facebook so have copied this for their benefit.

From the Facebook page of "Uncovered - Pawprints to Freedom Rescue"

The numbers of dogs adopted between Romania and the UK by PPTF is as follows :-

Year 2017 - 23 dogs

Year 2018 - 853 dogs

Year 2019 - 1395 dogs

Year 2020 - 1728 dogs

Total number of dogs Romania to UK by PPTF - 3999 dogs.

Between May 2020 and August 2020 (just 4 months), PPTF have taken £222,601.75 in adoption fees they list as ‘adoption England’ and £79,805.00 in adoption fees they list as ‘adoption Scotland’.

That’s a total of £302,406.75 in just the last four months.

However, PPTF have taken a further £527,306.65 in adoption fees prior to a change in the way they list them on their system as of May 2020 following an adoption fee increase to £320 for England and £340 for Scotland.

The total revenue from ‘adoption fees’ as of 21st August 2020 is £833,501.23 with 5291 adoption fees taken.

But there have been a total of 3999 dogs brought over under their ‘rescue purpose’ and 5291 transactions concerning adoption fees taken (save for a few payment plans) - that is a surplus receipt of approximately 1292 adoption fees. At their current average adoption fee of £330, that is approximately £426,000!!!

Money in the region of £426,000 is being taken from the Great British public and is being generated from their ‘handback list’, not their ‘rescue purpose’ ie to save dogs from Romania.

Please do read that last sentence again.

The lists of dogs in the pics below is known as PPTF ‘handback list’. It shows the dogs who are being inappropriately homed internally within the uk. They are continually advertised (pets4homes is a favourite used platform) and moved between unsuspecting homes to families who pay the adoption fee and hand the dogs back because of course, they are inappropriately homed. PPTF include in adoption contracts that these dogs must be kept by the unsuspecting families for 21 days from submitting their desire to ‘surrender’ the dog. This is how PPTF run their UK rescue back up system. Whilst it is not at all in the interests of the dogs, it is lucrative. This list of suffering ‘handback dogs’ has been generated from between February 2018 and August 2020.

This list is growing. That means the number of suffering dogs and people is also growing.

Please re read and consider those figures for a moment.

This has absolutely nothing to do with initially rescuing dogs from Romania in line with their ‘rescue purpose’ from which they emotively cover up their UK practices by using the repeated line ‘’dogs will die in Romania if we are stopped, despite the odd sick dog, lost dog etc’’. What they do not tell their caring supporters, the public, or organisations willing to officially help them in the name of ‘helping a dog’ is what they are actually supporting the continuation of, in reality. The currently suffering dogs and families within the UK must be helped, of course, but the continuation of PPTF being able to access and import their flow of dogs from Romania to UK in support of their exploitation once within the UK must not be supported. They must be stopped. The dogs currently being picked up by PPTF in Romania are being denied the opportunity to be helped by rescues who work very hard to truly help those dogs in line with their rescue purpose, without exploitation.

One dog within this list arrived in January 2020 and is currently on his 11th placement, at a mere 2 years of age.

The fact is that PPTF is currently taking approximately half the amount in total revenue from inappropriately homing dogs internally within the UK following their arrival from Romania.

Their handback dogs are REPEATEDLY being used to generate an adoption fee, a bit like breeding, but instead by rehoming inappropriately, repeatedly, destroying dogs and families nationwide.

On average over the last couple of months the rate of dogs ‘handed back’ is 5 per day. On one day during the week beginning 17th August 2020 that number rose to 8.

If you are wondering why they do not change their practices, then these facts may help you to formulate an educated opinion.

In our opinion, this is exploitation under the guise of ‘compassionately helping dogs’ and it must be stopped.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
it is so very sad for these poor dogs, much,much better for them to be PTS in their own country rather than being passed around and never being able to settle. while their nutrition may be ok their mental state must be awful. no surprise that so many of them run away as soon as they can, no wonder they are failed placements if they never get the chance to settle. makes me so mad :mad::mad:

Landcruiser

Visit site
I've posted before about the Leisch dogs being rehomed in this country, and knowingly rehomed at that. I work at a small animal vet near Swindon. We have several Leisch dogs on our books. Treatment is ongoing and expensive, and of course won't be covered by insurance if it's pre existing when the new owner takes the dog on. We have an old guy who took on a young dog from Romania through a rescue. They gave him a printed A4 info sheet on the disease and sent him on his merry way. Luckily for the dog, he is willing to pay for the ongoing treatment but it came as a heck of a shock to him when he came to us initially.
We have a second one, alsatian type, which came to us in a terrible state after another vet practice had failed to get the disease under control, and eventually recommended euthenasia. Our vets have some expertise end experience , and the dog is now doing well but continues to need expensive meds to keep it stable. Many UK vets are only just starting to seen these dogs, and the treatment protocols are complicated and not guaranteed to work.
There has been a documented case of dog to dog transmission in the UK,
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190404214750.htm

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
its frightening for us as mostly we dont know where the dogs have come from when we are walking our uk dogs. some people seem to think its a badge of honour to have a rescue foreign dog, one couple recently were walking a large dog on a harness which says rescue dog from cyprus, do they think that dog is more special than one from the UK?

Landcruiser

Visit site
Whilst Im sure its very rare Ive seen so many posts from rescues advertising a dog and saying they are Leish positive but its easily controlled with drugs.

Dogs coming in non compliant and failing titre tests are a huge concern.
Honestly, there's nothing easy about it, and it's not cheap either. It's an incurable, lifelong, potentially deadly condition. I mean, why would you import and pass these dogs on??