ROMANIAN HORSES (ANY EXPERIENCES)?

majors

Visit site
Hi all we have recently purchased a romanian horse as a happy hacker, I haven't translated his passport yet. I was just wondering if any one had any experiences to share. He is so far very quiet and sweet about 15.1hh bright bay:)

flirtygerty

Visit site
Not Romanian but Bulgarian, we have a holiday home there and it seems animals over there are either much loved and cared for, or used as a tool of the trade, I remember seeing a donkey pulling a cart of stones uphill with 2 heavy men sitting on the cart, poor donkey was dripping sweat, most horses donkeys are cared for but we do see exceptions

cobmum

Visit site
Hi all we have recently purchased a romanian horse as a happy hacker, I haven't translated his passport yet. I was just wondering if any one had any experiences to share. He is so far very quiet and sweet about 15.1hh bright bay:)

Did you import yourself or buy in UK? and where are the pics :D!!

Hollycatt

Visit site
Hungary (of which Romania used to be a part) has long bred the most amazing horses. They have some very nice warmblood breeds and also other breeds such as shagya arabs. I have handled quite a few Hungarian horses and in general they have all been very nice natured, sensible and good to handle. You must post some pics :)

hayqueen12

New User
Visit site
Hi I have a Romanian cob, she is 12plus years old, has sweet itch quite severly, and I believe has had a rough hard working life in the past, also she came over on a forged passport, which has now been sorted, when I first had her she was very untrusting, and seemed to be on the defensive, I think she has always had to look out for herself, however, I have had her two years now, and she is fab, and I wouldn't change her for the world, even though she costs me a fortune in sweet itch rugs etc. as there is no way she can go without a rug at all, she has a rug of some description on 24/7 365 days a year, probably has more clothes than me. Although she has worked hard in the past, has the scars to prove it, she is great to ride and fab. in traffic etc. I am an older experienced rider, who after a break lost confidence, I think she is the best horse for me, and I love her to bits, (shame she doesn't remember it when she is having a grumpy day) If I needed to buy another horse, I would cetain;y not hesitate to buy a Romanian cob, they seem to have a similar disposition to the laid back Irish cobs, only mine is quite so heavy.:)

Bojingles

Visit site
I had a Polish girl for 2 years. She was marvellous; had some strange scars but was a smashing hack except for fast traffic :(. The only thing that betrayed her provenance was the fact that I had quite a job reschooling her to walk on the left side of the road! She would always list to the right!

BlackVelvet

Visit site
I had a polish horse, no idea of his history but he was fab! Loved him to bits, had him 8 years up until he died two weeks ago. Vet thought he was in his 30s when he passed away. Wouldnt hesitate to buy another

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
Fabio is Romanian! :) No idea of his breeding, he was 1 of a job lot a dealer i know bought. I bought him off her as a just 4 year old. Been broken and turned away. He's nearly 9 now and can honestly say he is the nicest natured horse i have ever known. He might not be a world beater at dressage but he'll try his heart out for you at anything you ask. He's a super hack too. I've been hacking him out on his own from day 1 and not much phases him - apart from the house with geese! He's not keen on that but i suppose everyone's got one thing that scares the bejeesus out of them.

quirky

Visit site
I have one. If I told you which dealer she came through, your toes would curl :eek:.
Mine is believed to have been born on the boat over :(. She is 7 now, I've had her 4 yrs.
I didn't buy her from the dealer.