Romantic dinner ideas!!!!!

devilinajar

Visit site
I have decided to cook my O/H a romantic dinner on Saturday, we have had a run of bad luck so far this year and not really had too much quality time for each other. We have decided to have a bit of a date night on Saturday and he is taking me to the cinema. So i would like to cook a really nice meal for him but could really do with some ideas from you guys. Please please please help me!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

billyslad

Visit site
If you wear the right outfit you could cook what you like ! You wont go far wrong with a steak and saute potatoes which are easier than chips if he drinks cold beer try putting the glass in the freezer for an hour prior or if on red wine open an hour before drinking

Hullabaloo

Visit site
If I want to treat my OH its got to be steak with a nice sauce, saute potatoes and salad with a decent bottle of red and chocolate mousse for dessert.
Or how about something like duck breast in a nice sauce?

kerilli

Visit site
must admit, most guys adore a good steak (make sure it is a good one, Aberdeen Angus or similar, well aged!). i'd do a simple creamy pepper sauce or similar on it, serve it with whatever veg or salad he likes.
i'd then put all the effort into a snazzy dessert, if that's his kind of thing? sticky toffee pudding, or fancy trifle, or a Death By Choc confection.
hope you have a lovely evening!

SDH

Visit site
Do you have a fondue pot? Cheese fondue: 200gr greyere & 200gr emmenthal cheese, 300mls white wine & teaspoon flour.
cube up a baguette and once the cheese mix has melted, dip you bread and enjoy.
Drink the same wine you have put in the pot.

Its romantic cos its a slow lingering meal
smile.gif

(You can also buy ready-made mix in supermarkets if your cooking skills aren't up to much!)

peanut

Visit site
If you set a romatic scene with candles, flowers, music and dressing up etc, you can get away with beans on toast
smile.gif

Archangel

Visit site
Oh how I love food!

What you need is something that you knock up beforehand and it simmers away effortlessly in the oven while you pamper yourself and stay chilled!

Delia rules OK! This tastes so special and uses inexpensive cut of meat!
Delia strikes again! Totally yummy (use arborio rice)

How about a pavlova to finish? (use creme fraiche instread of cream and kiwi fruit/strawberries).

devilinajar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to know the way to a man's heart -take him to a football game!( you could have a burger outside!)

[/ QUOTE ]
He hates football as much as i do.

devilinajar

Visit site
Thanks guys you have all given me some fantastic ideas, think i may go with cooking beans on toast while wearing nothing!!!
Only joking think i will cook steak and posh chunky chips with some sort of sauce!!!!

horseywelsh

Visit site
Pie chips n mushy peas always goes down well when i cook, espec if homemade pie, added candles, music and nice outift, and it's all good
smile.gif
enjoy!