ROR showing individual ridden show ideas?

SILVERTRINITY24

Visit site
Hi, I am aiming to compete my ex racer in the ror amateur ridden showing series. He has been out to a few shows and we have had really good feedback from judges, however i feel my show isnt as polished as it needs to be! What does everyone else do to really stand out from the crowd? How much walk trot and canter does your own show include? I don't want to bore the judge but want to include everything possible!!

Thank you in advance!

conniegirl

Visit site
Keep it very simple, walk away from the judge, pick up trot and trot the first half of a figure 8, trot across the diagonal then start a figure 8 in canter changing the rein through trot. At the end of the figure 8 extend along the long side rather than go back acc the diagonal at the end of the extension back to trot for a few strides then walk, halt salute.

The more you include the more can go wrong and the more likely you are to bore the judge.

be positive

Visit site
Don't try to include anything 'different' keep your show simple, if trot is better than canter or the other way around then do a show with a little more of the best pace and get the transitions as crisp as possible, aim for a short polished show that shows your horse to his best and work on improving what you do rather than adding more it will not stand out for the right reasons unless it is really short yet looks unhurried, often trying to do too much ends up appearing rushed.

Visit site
As those guys have said. Know your horses strengths and weaknesses and play to them.

If you horse has a fab trot: Walk away, trot round and up the long side, pop into canter at the top corner and turn that into a figure of 8 with an extension coming off of the 2nd circle.

If your horse has a naff trot: Walk away, trot the first half of a figure of 8 then straight into a canter 8 and onto a extension.

No need to go fancy just a good, well executed show with clean, crisp transitions, nicely forward off the leg but light on the hand. Basically a well schooled horse that anyone could ride.