Rosamund Green

Llee94

Visit site
So yet again, the first event of the season is fast approaching and there are no local cross country courses open to get our eye back in!
I have seen on Rosamunds website that they try to keep their course open all year round, so hopefully they will be open now.
My horse is entered in the Novice at Moreton, she is very experienced at this level, but I just feel like it would be mean to ask her to go and compete without getting her eye in after her winter holiday.
It would be over a 100 mile round trip to get to Rosamund and I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on it? It does look good but is it worth the journey?
I work full time, so even if local courses open next week, I still won't be able to get to them, so I am running out of options.
Or does anyone know of any xc courses that are open in the south west that go up to BE100 level at least?!

MegaBeast

Visit site
Well worth the trip, especially for BE100 upwards. However, whilst they try to stay open year round they close sporadically to preserve the ground and you generally need to ring on the day to check. Fantastic place though with fences right up to advanced. So wet at the moment I doubt they're open. This time last year they would open when there had been a couple of dry days and then close again.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
They weren't open on wednesday this week, though I do know a few that rate it.

Friend is doing the 100 and is making do with a spin round our local ukchasers course at the weekend as has the same issue as you after her clinic was cancelled due to frost last weekend.

bluebellfreddy

Visit site
Defiantly worth going there, they have a lot of jumps and all well built. But they are closed quite a lot at the moment. So do ring on the day to see if they are open.

CAH7

Visit site
Not sure if this is any help, but Pontispool have a huge all-weather with ditches, water and portables, but possibly only up to BE100.

Llee94

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have contacted Rosamund but they are currently closed. Will just have to hope it stays dry and they said there may be a chance they will open if they get 2 dry days in a row. Apparently they have been open for the last 3 weeks! Why didn't I think about them before?! Thanks CAH7, I have tried to get to pontispool for the last month but it has been completely booked up on the days that I could have gotten there and they finish the arena xc tomorrow, which again, I can't get to as I can't drive my lorry and work full time. Will just have to wait and hope or admit defeat and take it easy with my horse at Moreton (she will be fine, its more for my benefit than anything!)

nuttychestnut

Visit site
They weren't open on wednesday this week, though I do know a few that rate it.

Friend is doing the 100 and is making do with a spin round our local ukchasers course at the weekend as has the same issue as you after her clinic was cancelled due to frost last weekend.

Ester I think you're local to me, would you mind explaining where the UK chasers course is please?