Rossette plaits

Rachel1

Visit site
Hi everyone! I know there has been a thread on this in the not too distant past but I couldn't find it so I was wondering if anyone could help... by January I need to be an expert in doing rossette plaits.
I am going to begin practising this wkend when I plait up Eric and Lou for dressage on Sunday. If anyone could post a quick step by step guide and/ or if anyone has any piccies that would be great! I am fully armed with needle and thread!
smirk.gif
Thanks
grin.gif

kick_On

Visit site
Start them of as normal 'ball' plaits,

then once have a plait, thread needle through botton of plait from top to bottom

then put thread though base of plait at mane and put UP to make ball - THEN with finger and thumb either side of mane squash BALL into rossette- hold tighley

Hold thread tighly and sew back through base of mane (NOT over as you'll get balls) and kept threading through to get a nice tight rossette

chelt9.jpg

Rachel1

Visit site
Thanks Kick On - I think I understand!
crazy.gif
wink.gif

Lottie_Lover - thans they're v similar to that but they don't join up together, each plait is an individual rosette, thanks though!

kick_On

Visit site
also forgot to add do as few plaits as you think you can get away with. Width of the little metal mane combs, for size of plaits (also make sure mane is thin,short and at bit smeggie
grin.gif
)

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Hey you - getting ready for you new job then? hehe...hope all is well? Star has had her AI last Friday so next week will be D day to find out if she's pregnant, so lots of vibes please xx

Rachel1

Visit site
Haha yep I sure am! Lou and Eric will no doubt be poked and prodded with the needle poor things haha. I used to be good at it so hopefully won't take too long to come back!
How exciting about little Starry, just saw your post about it xx