Rotty missing after motorway crash...please help?

PucciNPoni

Visit site
This was posted by one of my facebook friends, thought it was worth passing on:

Reposted-M6 Motorway Area: Rotty pup 5 months male, missing after motorway crash around jct 3 of the M6, please crosspost to friends in the area, owner is frantic!! Thats Coventry, Nuneaton etc

Puppy name George : Owner Mickey 07974587464 ,

Anybody with rescue contacts in that area please spread the word.

thanks

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I don't think that is the same website as Dog Lost, who seem to have very good results, would certainly put his details on there too. Also tell them to contact dog wardens in the area. Hope he turns up.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Thank the lord for that, this is my worst nightmare. I have regan with me all the time, and she travels to work, I always think about what would happen if I was in a really bad crash and she is with me.:(

I know what you mean! My dogs travel in the boot of my estate and I always worry about the what ifs...."what if someone rearends me...." is the biggest one!

I know of a couple of disasters involving dogs in car accidents. One was a dog that was sitting in the front foot well of a car and it was T-boned. The dog, a border collie, suffered a broken back. The owner paid a fortune in vet bills but had him rehabilitated mostly successfully. He'll never be quite right, but is sound enough to enjoy a romp on the beach fairly regularly.

The other one was even more horrific. Two cockers in the back of an estate. One was laying against the back door. Somehow the boot opened and the dog rolled out (this was on the M'way, 70mph!!!). The dog rolled under the jersey barrier, and down the embankment. It was dark and the owners stopped and tried to find where the dog went out of the car. They ran back on the shoulder and then as they turned back to head toward the car, they watched in horror as the disoriented dog wandered back up the embankment, in to an oncoming car!

I'm so glad for the sake of this rottie that there was a happier ending this time.