Rough price of menages

barkinghorse

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what sort of price i should expect to pay for an all weather
menage?
Not thought of size yet as haven't had offer excepted on the property, but am looking at certain costs that i need to factor in...
Everyone i have rung have been vague on price so thought you peeps could give me an idea.
Thanks Jo

ClareMc

Visit site
I had some extimates a couple of years ago. They were coming in at £20,000-£25,000. The most expensive where from firms that were highly recommended. I know people who they have built for and they say that menage never floods.

That was for sand I know other surfaces eg rubber are more expensive than that.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I've been quoted £17,000 for a 20 x 40 sand and rubber arena. This includes everything planning, building, fencing, etc. It depends on your ground though as well. If its on a slpoe it puts the price right up to about £20,000. I'm hopefully going to have a 30 x 50 built using a few different companies. I reckon i'll spend about £12,000.

miller

Visit site
We've just paid £18k for a 20x50 sand and rubber with everything in.

Ours worked out cheaper as area was completely flat beforehand so very little levelling/digging out etc

Company was cheapest we found (in our area) and he has put his prices up now too.

Couldn't fault it though- it's lovely and bliss having your own.

Be aware you will need PP and 'change of use' on the area it covers. We pllied as soon as offer was accepted on house and still only just got it through before we exchanged and that was without any planning problems

filly190

Visit site
We have done a lot of research into this and have come up with the conclusion that it cant be done on the cheap or corners cut.

I would suggest you choose a firm where you can go and see their work locally.

We bought books and went to see trade shows on build your own, when we had costed it all out, yes it was going to be much cheaper, but we decided that as it would be first time project and still cost a lot of money and if we made mistakes our money would be wasted.

Hence we still havent got one. I really wish you luck