Rowallan BD dressage

lornaA

Visit site
i was there on saturday 25th and there was a guy taking a lot of photo's in the wam up area, never noticed in the main arena tho. i asumed he was from the scottish farmer seeing that there were scottish farmer qualifiers on.

scs

Visit site
thanks - my horse was there on the Sunday, but I couldn't be there to watch him, so would be nice to get a photo if I can. I'll keep asking around!

Nic

Visit site
Paper Tiger isn't it?

My trainer & I were chatting about him the other night, I was telling her how much I love him & she said "now that's your 2012 horse"
grin.gif

Please tell me he's out of PN next year, I can't compete with 14's for stressage
shocked.gif

scs

Visit site
Thank you for your kind words! And nice to know my boy is being talked about (did you see his piccie in H&H this week? We were very proud, as you can imagine. When I have a bad day at work, I just think about him, and it cheers me up!). He won both mediums at Rowallen, so now qualified Elem, Elem to music, and Medium for regionals at Winter champs. There can't be too many thoroughbreds who have done that, which makes it even more satisfying. The plan is for him to come out at Novice for his eventing next year, so he'll be doing some SJ in the winter as well. So you'll be safe at PN! so where are you doing your first event next year?

Nic

Visit site
Yes I showed the pic to Mum (your boy has quite a fanbase round here!) as she fell in love with him at Floors too
grin.gif

No danger of my boy & me catching up with those achievements I'm still a bit scared of dressage
blush.gif
grin.gif

Will be (hopefully) coming out PN at Kirriemuir next season. It might be his last too depending on how he is there. He was diagnosed with arthritis in both front coffin joints in August so not been competing since the big E at Houston. So will see how he is after xc. Very sad as it is his favourite part
smirk.gif

You must be even more proud as he is home bred.

Nx

scs

Visit site
Kirriemuir was lovely - we went last year. It was Simba's (Paper Tiger) first event though - and he was well in the lead after dressage, clear SJ - and then cantered straight down the hill after the drop into the water without backing off at all and came to a sudden halt in the water - so Ruth came off (which turned out to be their only fault XC all year, so hopefully he leanrt from it). That day he had decided it was scary cantering downhill and he was whizzing off - luckily he has never repeated that! Shame as it was a really nice place and everyone was very friendly. Hope it goes well for you - sounds as if you will need to be nursing your boy and picking the ground - but at least you have a good chance of getting better ground in Scotland than down south. Kirriemuir seemed to be well drained, and the grond was great even so early in the year. Hope it goes well for you!

Nic

Visit site
It was our first BE ever so had a good time. Did the Intro it was a lovely first time course. My only dislike about the whole event was that the stabling was quite far away. We ended up 11th which I was pleased with.

The ground there was so good I thought it would be nice for his first one back. Will be very picky about ground next season, most were OK but will defo be skipping Oatridge next time, ground was hard & greasy, so angry with myself for running him there
frown.gif

Might attempt Floors PN again next year, I landed in the coffin last time!
blush.gif

Lots of luck for next year, though don't think Simba or Ruth need it
grin.gif

scs

Visit site
Yes, he did go well at Osbaldeston, which the writeup was on. Everyone clapped at the end of each of his tests - I felt quite tearful (but was busy videoing so had to keep the camera steady:)) Lovely writeup in H&H - it was very exciting opening it and finding his picture in there!