Rowallan taken over?

Jingleballs

Visit site
I've been hearing rumors about Rowallan being in administration/sold/taken over for years but according to their facebook page it looks like it has finally happened!

"Sadly at 8am this morning Robert Morris purchased Rowallan Activity Centre.

NO further shows will be ran by ourselves at this site.

This is a HUGE shock to us. This take over has been done without our knowledge by the administrator.

We like to thank all the visitors, competitors and all supporters of Rowallan over the years.

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED.

NO SHOWS WILL NOW BE RUN FROM NOW BY OURSELVES."

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
D4D7C8F6-7609-43E8-B44A-1D55E101E32F-13895-0000038F9A2A2A87_zpsc38bc56d.jpg

Just came on to post this :(

Jingleballs

Visit site
Hopefully the new owners will continue to run it as an equestrian competition centre - I've only competed at Rowallan once or twice - indoor warm up was poor, as was the outdoor warm up. It was also overpriced IMO - it really needs some investment and TLC which hopefully it will get under new ownership.

BBH

Visit site
Give the guy a chance , he may put serious investment into the place. Change is not always s bad thing . On the other hand he may raise it to the ground and build starter homes. Until you know everything is just speculation .

FlyingCoo

Visit site
It seems Mr Morris likes to inject cash into equestrianism as talk of him buying into Rowallan was on the cards at the start of the season. He currently invests in a dressage rider rather heavily. Rumours were that he liked the idea of eventually reinstating BE at Rowallan.
Only time will tell but hopefully it will be a positive change and no loss to current competition set up but only improved.

kez1001

Visit site
I was supposed to be competing there this weekend at their arena event. When I called to ask what was happening they said that there would be no shows this weekend and that the intention of new owner was to run shows in the future but they needed a few weeks to sort things out.

Hopefully it's a positive for rowallan as its a great centre and it would be a terrible shame for it to be not used.

asset2004

Visit site
Will be interesting to see what happens in the future. I understand Mr Morris had been investing in a local stud before switching to dressage and show jumping.
Whatever happens I hope the centre continues as it would be a huge loss to lose it, especially as there's talk of its nearest competitior cutting back on horse events, - BS now only 1 day and no BD any more to concentrate on being a hotel.

saz5083

Visit site
I haven't competed at Rowallen for years but as someone said previously, change isn't always a bad thing. And the potential to have someone interested in reinstating BE when we've lost so many in recent years gets a huge thumbs up from me!