royal leisure today

eventingdiva

Visit site
took baby (well shes 6 but done very little, so shes our baby!) to the royal today.
warming up she was awful, as she often is. It was very busy and she got very stressed. jumped two cross poles and then an upright once, coming round to the upright again she reared, chucked her head in the air and p*ssed off! Very nearly ran over the women putting the jumps up, who legged it to get out of her way
blush.gif
was very very embarrasing. she got more stressed and was getting dangerous so didnt jump her again, but as there were loads to go i took her for a hack
grin.gif

straight in to the BN. she jumped well but got a bit flat over the 2nd and had it down.
gave her a quick trot and canter, didnt attempt to jump her before the discovery. went in early, jumped nicely, had two down but not too worried, she just chucked her head up before them and jumped a little flat (thats her 'thing')
anyway we're very pleased with her, she jumped nice rounds, and every time she goes out she gets better, and one day she may actually settle in the warm-up! x

eventingdiva

Visit site
Thank you
[ QUOTE ]
may see you at the royal sometime as jump there quite a lot

[/ QUOTE ]
stay well clear of us if you do..we may run you over
grin.gif
blush.gif

x

Hattikins

Visit site
dont worry ive run loads of people over at the royal before!!!!!!! as i was jumping the straight down hill a person stood right behind the jump - i very nearly jumped the jump and her!!!!!
blush.gif
talk about mowing someone down!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I love Royal Leisure as a venue, but for some reason unbeknown to me, my horse will NOT jump the oxer in the warm-up there
shocked.gif
He hangs off the right rein and backs off even if the fnce is only about 1m. This is a horse that jumps 1.20m for fun ! Although it is a large warm-up there is something about it that sets them off ! Put it down to experience, and at least you got round. Well done
smile.gif

eventingdiva

Visit site
Funny you should say that, i've always had a 'thing' about the oxer in the warm-up there, it doesnt matter what i'm riding, i just don't like it!
grin.gif
x

BuckingHorse

Visit site
The oxer in warm up is pants, it gets quite cut up in front of the fence. My baby horse is traffic shy so the lorries on the side always cause much amusement too
grin.gif

I do love it as a venue though, anyone going this Sunday?

vic07

Visit site
thinking about a bn on a ticket - I am thinking about registering again- its so expensive though.

Oxer in warm up always jumps ****. Think horses hang to entrance to main arena.