Royal Windsor 2012 a day to remember :-)

winchester

Visit site
Well we went to Royal Windsor on Thursday for the coloured classes! We have never done any good at the show but love the atmosphere so always enter.

We slept in the yard at the lorry (and with the heavy rain/hailstones bouncing off the lorry roof - it was like sleeping in a tin can), woke up at 4 loaded up and left the yard at 5am.

When we arrived we followed the metal road way as far as we could go then as soon as our lorry hit the grass we was stuck and had to be towed on by a tractor. Luckily we had day stables so saved our legs a little as the walk between the horsebox park and the rings is a good 20 minutes!

I came away with my horse winning the Non-Native Pony In Hand, the In Hand Championship and the Non-Native Pony Ridden.

Honest i am so over the moon - it is the first time we have ever won there and to win two classes and a championship is just amazing.

Im praying we get a mention in the Horse and Hound on Thursday - that would just be the icing on the cake :) !!!!

winchester

Visit site
THank you for all your lovely comments i cant get this silly grin off my face! Here is a picture we bought on the Day! Erin Shaw (a member on here) took a lovely picture of him in hand but dont know if i would be allowed to post it on here without her permission...

WindsorRiden.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well done!

I watched all the ridden coloured's and you thoroughly deserved the win - going v well indeed.
Big disparity in the classes for way of going tho - top half of line going well, balanced & good bend etc, lower half not going well at all & (IMHO) should not be in a class at that level.

You have a lovely fella (and he knew it too after someone dangled their mare under his nose early on during the strip section ;) but still so well behaved in spite of it)

Once again - well done :cool:

winchester

Visit site
Well done!

I watched all the ridden coloured's and you thoroughly deserved the win - going v well indeed.
Big disparity in the classes for way of going tho - top half of line going well, balanced & good bend etc, lower half not going well at all & (IMHO) should not be in a class at that level.

You have a lovely fella (and he knew it too after someone dangled their mare under his nose early on during the strip section ;) but still so well behaved in spite of it)

Once again - well done :cool:

ha ha Thank you so much! He loves Daffodil (the mare next door in the line up) all he has to do is see her and he is automatically in love!

Oh i know Windsor is one of the Busiest shows around and what with the Hackney classes being slotted inbetween the coloured classes - you need a very sane horse to compete who can cope with the atmosphere!

winchester

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone for the lovely comments and to Erin for the lovely photos you took of him! The head shot one was in the collecting ring - we didnt have a clue you was taking them - but Chester can spot a camera a mile off and goes in to posing mode lol!

Please everyone keep everything crossed we get a little mention in the Horse and Hound tomorrow - honest would be the icing on the cake!!!