Royal Windsor Horse Show Competing

Iz_

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone,

New to the forum but been a long time reader and found this forum really helpful on multiple topics! I am looking to enter Royal Windsor 2022 but wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom or tips about the logistics of the show ground/lorry parking etc?

Thanks!

SO1

Visit site
I have done the senior classes there. Very expensive last year over £100 with the RIHS levy and very competitive compared to your normal county show.

In terms of atmosphere if you have competed at other county shows you should be fine. The in hand ring is fairly quiet and away from the busy areas and the classes are early.

The classes are huge and since they are now RIHS qualifiers instead of Olympia they are even bigger as instead of having 3 age groups they only have two.

I love Royal Windsor but not sure if I will go next year if the entry fees are so high again as it is not great value for money, although as I am local I can come back to watch the rest of the show after my class is over.

Lorry park is busy and you have to go under a bridge to get to the show rings.

You need something really special to get placed. My pony who got a 2nd and 6th at Herts county in veterans under the old system and also a 2nd in the Olympia semi finals at Bucks county is not smart enough to placed at Windsor.

I may skip Windsor probably do Herts County instead due to the price.