Royal Windsor - In hand shetland showing.

dottieh

Visit site
My Shetland is going to Windsor for the first time this year.

Does anyone have any idea how big the 3 yr olds and under Shetland class has been in recent years?
Any Shetland showing tips? (he has only done a few unaffiliated shows)
or any other useful information on Shetland showing at this level?!

Thanks!

Visit site
Enjoy it! Have fun and make sure you get a picture! I live at the wrong end of the country for Windsor so can't comment on class sizes. But shetland showing is pretty generic at every level - trying not to be bitten or chewed in the line up!

We do of course require a picture of said pony!

humblepie

Visit site
Don't know about the Shetland size classes but just be warned the lorry parking at Windsor is a seriously long way from the rings, particularly if your class is late on and your parking is towards the back. It is a brilliant atmosphere riding under the arched bridge to go to the showground from the lorry parking but for grooms and for you with an in hand, it is a lot of walking. I don't go now as the entry fees are so high and current horse wouldn't enjoy the busy showground but a lovely show.

dottieh

Visit site
Thank you, yes, I have competed their several times but only in the jumping classes. The trek and the mud to the rings is such a nightmare...think I may have to wrap the shetland up and unwrap him when I get to the ring! Don't want him getting dirty on the way!

catroo

Visit site
Shetland classes are normally once of the largest sections, I was in both sections last year and would hazard a guess at maybe 20+ in each class. It was nose to tail and a double row at line up.

Three/four years ago there were only maybe 6 ponies in the youngster section but last few years have been very full