Royal Windsor - members enclosure, What to wear

Jasmine86

Visit site
Usually skinny jeans, joules top and dubarrys do me for all equestrian events but there is a dress code for the enclosure.

Dress Code
In the Members’ Enclosure and Supporters and Sponsors Enclosure patrons are required to be smartly dressed at all times.
Gentlemen are requested to wear a jacket and tie.
Clean riding dress is allowed for competitors.
Blue jeans or blue denim, trainers and sports attire will not be permitted.

So what should I wear - its prob going to rain.

Does it have to be a dress? If so what sort? What about footwear? So confused please please come to my rescue!

melbiswas

Visit site
Just look smart. Not many have worn dresses for the last 2 days. Most in tidy trousers and boots topped with a blouse and smart jacket / coat and scarf. There has been a lot of tweed! It has been very cold and windy but not too muddy.
Have a great time x

Jasmine86

Visit site
That's great thanks so much was really hoping trousers and a blouse would be ok. are Black Country boots allowed in the members bit do you know?

Thanks so much for your help - very excited xx

melbiswas

Visit site
They are relaxed about footwear in this bad weather; some years people have been in wellies in the Members enclosure when it has been wet and muddy. I have seen people approached about trainers but I think that is understandable.
As long as your boots are presentable there shouldn't be a problem.
It's a great day out and much nicer when you can go and chill and warm up in the Members area, though this year the view of the Castle Arena is more restricted.
It gets very cold sitting in the stands.
X

teapot

Visit site
How restricted is restricted? As in is it worth the extra money this year?

And I'm intrigued as to why they allow white jeans but not blue?

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I'm having this same dilemma! I just can't decide what to wear, I don't want to be freezing, but my skinny jeans are a very very dark blue and I don't think i would risk them. I dont want to wear my grasmeres but think ballet pumps might be a silly choice if it's wet/ grass/mud but don't have any other smart casual sensible shoes and I'm certainly not wearing heels! Arrrrg!