Royal Windsor Platinum Jubilee ITV coverage

Orangehorse

Visit site
I have seen better displays by the Household Cavalry. Apart from the spook at the flag, one horse was being unco-operative the whole time.

He'll be peeling spuds for the next month.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I just skimmed through it to watch the horsey bits. I like the Queen's Bahraini Arabian stallion and quite funny that they snuck him into the native breeds slot. He looks like a smashing horse though!

I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any Dales in this section - I thought the queen was a backer of the rare breed.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any Dales in this section - I thought the queen was a backer of the rare breed.
I think they were all owned by the Queen or her family - the Connie was Lousie’s riding pony - and I don’t believe she has any Dales. The shires work the Royal Parks even if they’re not directly owned by the family.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
She is a supporter of rare breeds, but doesnt have them all. The Fell pony breed is still on the rare breeds list.
The ones forward were a small example (and personal favourites) amount of the ponies and horses she owns.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Ffs people need to get a grip those horses where totally fine and they looked quite peaceful lying down, it didn't looked forced and it was done in a very relaxed Manor.

Whilst I agree with you that they need to get a grip, I saw it in person on Thursday and it was anything other than relaxed or peaceful. They got them to lie down by jumping off, running round to the front and flicking at their front legs with whips - not painful I hasten to add - but it was incredibly rushed and pressured, if a horse was reluctant they upped the pressure greatly and bent it's head round. One didn't want to lay down and started to rear and pull back but he kept asking in a high pressure manner until the horse reared and span and he lost hold of it. Once they were down it was calmer and they were patted etc.

IMO no harm no foul, they're well trained and no horse was hurt or 'upset' by it and it was a 1min section of the show, but I didn't enjoy watching it. That being said, no-one watching it on TV would have picked up on any of that so they are just being OTT.

Irish-Only

Visit site
Saw it Saturday, loved it, much better live. Very atmospheric. No Tom Cruise though ☹️ Never been to Royal Windsor before, had a really enjoyable day. Catering choice shocking though, especially for vegetarians.

We went Thursday and really enjoyed the evening performance. Yes, there were a few little things that could have been slightly better but you are talking lots of people and horses so in all a very slick event. What they only showed once which was a shame is, we think, members of the local pony club who galloped in before each part (1,2,3,4) with flags. They were tremendous and no doubt very proud to be part of such an historic event.
Domirati - re the food. Wow what an absolute rip off and poor choice. We are used to having to pay up at equestrian events but this was on another level! We arrived Thursday and went home Saturday, and couldn't wait to sit down and eat a decent meal :rolleyes:

On a positive, it was wonderful to see HM looking so happy and enjoying herself both during the show and at the evening performance.

rowan

Visit site
I was glad I recorded it so I could skip through a lot of it, loved the French display and the drummers were fantastic.

catkin

Visit site

The introduction was for a general audience rather than just horsey folk.
I was pleased that it was mentioned that there ARE rare breeds native to this country.

suestowford

Visit site
The Queen is a staunch supporter of native breeds but I am not sure she actually breeds any of them other than Highlands and Fells. She has been the patron of the Fell Pony Society for 40 years.

I did wonder if her black mare was put in as a surprise for her. She looked so surprised and excited to see her there - I'm wondering if she was saying 'That's Emma'. What surprised me was how old her pony is, she certainly looks good for her age.