RSPCA to prosecute Jamie Gray over Amersham horse cruelty

Natch

Visit site
Thank goodness he's being prosecuted for this not just offences against the police. I didn't realise his family were involved too but I suppose it makes sense.

I hope justice is done, whatever the truth is.

..but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that he could be innocent of these charges.

Jomanser

Visit site
He still has horses. I drive past one of his fields on the way to work, and he was seen unloading about 20 coloured horses from his lorry. He has now fenced them on the brow of the hill so they cant be seen from the road. RSPCA have been spotted walking around the field. Why is he still allowed to keep trading? Have also seen him going up and down the M40 so obviously still buying and selling!

the watcher

Visit site
I was kind of hoping that the Court date wouldn't be published for this pre-trial hearing, as there is potential for disturbances that could reflect badly on the legal processes - but it is done now
frown.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Fimbleina, JG hasnt been proved yet to have commited an offence so he is entitled to go about his business. Im afraid you cant deny someone a living even if you dont like them or think they have done wrong. It has to be proved first . At least RSPCA are on watch.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Like you say thank goodness the RSPCA are keeping regular checks on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now! Bit too late for the ones that died, were destroyed.......

Fantasy_World

Visit site
So glad to hear that news so thanks admin for posting it
smile.gif

I am also glad to see this has been posted and hopefully it will shutup the bloody troublemakers and those that doubted the whole incident during these last few months.
Their words have really quite pissed me off and to be frank I am glad I can now say what I truly feel about it all.
Shame on you, to all those who felt the need to try and proclaim the innocence of the accused and also who tried to put seeds of doubt into the event actually occurring which was especially true whilst people on here ( and not on this forum) were doing their utmost to try and provide aid and fund to all the horse charities concerned.
A friend recently told me not to leave this forum hence the reason I returned. They said that I often stuck my neck out and said what others were thinking and were too afraid to speak out.
Well there I go and if people on this forum are in any offended by what I have just written then hard luck because I have pent up these words and feelings for the past two months so as not to bring the fundraising appeal into disrepute for those concerned.
Caz

Jomanser

Visit site
Amymay - I totally agree with you. Maybe now they will be more vigilant and actually respond to the callers who report neglect. I personally look at the ones I drive past (very difficult as very fast road). I have seen the RSPCA there on several occasions so looks like they are keeping tabs.

Dolcé

Visit site
Im not sure about being afraid to speak out Caz (although maybe on some occasions, when it got really personal to anyone who disagreed). I just think people wanted to avoid getting into the same fights with the same people saying the same things over and over. I will breathe a sigh of relief when (providing the RSPCA have got their case right) they are found guilty and those poor animals are safe forever - I will also be thinking 'told you so'!

Rikki

Visit site
I hope this prosecution hits these monstrous people right where it hurts. A prison sentence, a ban from keeping animals for life and a demand to pay a large contribution towards the costs of rescuing and caring for those horses who did survive. This must be one of the first maor prosecutions under the new Act - and it has to set a precedence - that this kind of cruelty and neglect will not be tolerated.

Paddywhack

Visit site
I am sooooooooooo happy that they have charged them all..i did say from the beginning that the whole family were involved and that they are all scumbags,and as for him still dealing,it drives me mad and makes my blood boil,he can and is most likely still misstreating his animals and can do so until it goes to trial and it can only stop if he is found guilt
We who live around his farm got to be observant and report anything abnormal....

Visit site
Don't worry, I make sure I drive past every chance I get (and I live in the village so go past his house most days). I've not seen any horses recently but sadly he's still got his poor dogs tied up outside.
frown.gif

Thank goodness he's been charged, now let's all hope he gets what he deserves.

myjack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am sooooooooooo happy that they have charged them all..i did say from the beginning that the whole family were involved and that they are all scumbags,and as for him still dealing,it drives me mad and makes my blood boil,he can and is most likely still misstreating his animals and can do so until it goes to trial and it can only stop if he is found guilt
We who live around his farm got to be observant and report anything abnormal....

[/ QUOTE ]

no you didnt say the whole family were involved....at one point you actually said that no matter what the husband/father was being investigated for, that I shouldnt humiliate "THE REST OF THE FAMILY"

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
thats so great to read that, but after going through a neglect case myself in recent DAYS one thing id have to say is that so many people... ie vet and rspca say its so hard to prove that the horses wernt fed!

ok i know this is bloody nuts! my horse body scores worse than the amersham horses and i have to prove he wasnt fed? well how the hell do you do that? he was away from me for 10 weeks, hes had blood tests all clear,

what im trying to say is ive been hit with reality, like most i want jg sent down, it so shouldnt be allowed, but unfortunatley the chances are hes going to get a fine a ban (that wont be enforced) and maybe a month or 2 in jail, i so hope its a heap more, but i now know hard these cases are to prove, even when the bare facts are in front of you.

Paddywhack

Visit site
MYJACK is back everybody,it has been a very nice forum up until now with Myjack only lurking and waiting in the shadows but is now coming back out to stir things up again...Dont let history reperat itself,dont quote or respond to myjacks posts

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
MYJACK is back everybody,it has been a very nice forum up until now with Myjack only lurking and waiting in the shadows but is now coming back out to stir things up again...Dont let history reperat itself,dont quote or respond to myjacks posts

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure that most of us have got him on their 'ignore' list haven't they? I certainly have!
smile.gif

Natch

Visit site
I think all paddywhack meant was please don't quote myjack because although most of have myjack on ignore, if somebody quotes them we can all see what was written, and that would stir things up again.

PLEASE everybody lets not let this or any other thread turn into a slagging match. Constructive comments welcome, all points of view welcome but please resist from personal attacks.