Rubber matting trailer

Dappledpony

Visit site
I'm putting some rubber matting on top of my new wooden floor in my Rice trailer. A 6ft x 4ft sheet will fit to make a non slip ride. Should i be going for 17 mm or 12 mm thickness? I want go take it out after each use so floor doesn't sweat underneath.

9tails

Visit site
17mm matting is very heavy but obviously would be more hard wearing than 12mm. What sort of partitions do you have? If they go to the floor with little clearance you could have trouble moving them with the thicker stuff.

9tails

Visit site
Also, you'd probably need two sheets to do the whole of the horse area, 4ft isn't likely to be enough length unless you have shetlands and you don't want it the other way otherwise it will slip around.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'd go for the 12mm in a trailer, the 17mm would be incredibly heavy. In a stable you need the heavier matting because the horse twists & turns about & tends to rip thinner matting. He won't be able to do this in a trailer so 12mm would be fine.

Dappledpony

Visit site
Oh id measured and was going to have the 6ft as length and 4 ft as width, it falls a bit short on the edge but wondered if that would matter as for non slippage. I wasn't glimg to bother with nose of box, just where he stands.

9tails

Visit site
Oh id measured and was going to have the 6ft as length and 4 ft as width, it falls a bit short on the edge but wondered if that would matter as for non slippage. I wasn't glimg to bother with nose of box, just where he stands.

I'm talking about the part where the horse stands. You need the 6ft as width, because if it's not fitting tight the weight of the horse shifting will definitely make it move around. It will be at least 1ft short and horses tend to brace with legs apart.