Rubber matting - where did you get yours? What spec do I need?

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I would like to fit out my stable with rubber matting but have never had to do that before - so does anyone have any comments/suggestions/recommendations please?

The only thing I know is that the matting should be min 18mm thick??? I think the stable is about 12' x 14' although I have yet to measure it

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I got mine from Equimats. I told them the size of the stable and they gave me a quote.

They delivered and fitted them for me. They were expensive - £250 for the stable I think. But worth every penny imo.

Three

Visit site
Equimats for me too I'm afraid. Decided Dom was just too heavy and awkward to have anything that might separate or not be thick enough (Equimats 'jigsaw' together)

Expensive but worth it.

Aged arab has some thinner unnamed mats cos he's a featherweight. Got them second hand so no idea what they are I'm afaid but again they link together so no risk of them separating.

Abbeygale

Visit site
I have equimats in all my stables.
There are other cheaper mats - but TBH I wouldn't trade them for my equimats at all. Deffo the best
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
I googled
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
I looked at the price list
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
£400 for a 12' x 12' stable
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

But somehow I doubt cheaper would be better
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Out with the measuring tape I fear
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Doris68

Visit site
Try horsemat.co.uk
Got mine from there and they have a very wide selection - we collected as we are not far, so price was better.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I got mine from Quattro - they delivered, fitted and sealed them in for just over £300. I am going back to the old yard to retrieve them soon (just as soon as my lorry is through its MOT) but I have to say getting them sealed in was the best thing I ever did as it meant no smell as nothing gets under them and I could shove the hose in the stable and scrub them with the yard broom twice a year to clean the tops. Perfect.

K27

Visit site
I have the 18mm thick Equimats in one stable, they have lasted for 5 years and theres no signs of wear and tear on them, very easy to move and handle, took 2 of us 10 mins to fit. The only downside is the price, v expensive for what they are, there is a company that sells the same type of matting (EVA) except they don't have the jigsaw edges, and they are much cheaper than Equimat- sorry I can't remember what they were called. Last year, I bought another 2 stables worth of matting form Carpetpac, as my horses have full thick beds, I just opted for the 12mm thinner stuff just as a base on the concrete and it was only approx £18 a sheet and have been very pleased with it. In a 12x 14 stable you'd probably want about 6 sheets.

Leg_end

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I bought my mats from the below company as have several others at my yard. They are 18mm thick & a 12' x 12' stable will cost £155.94 + delivery. A 12' x 14' will cost £181.93 + delivery & their delivery costs are not too expensive.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/carpetpac__W0QQ_armrsZ1

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thumbs up for these guys - Ive had the mats for over a year and they still look fab
blush.gif
)