Rubbing himself raw help!!!

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
I posted the other day about sweet itch as my horse is rubbing his tail raw.
He has allergies dust mites and believe it's the dust mites causing him to be so itchy not sweet itch. Has anyone experienced dust mite allergies? As managing mites and si different and it's just getting worse I am desperate to stop him scratching. How do you are for the wounds for si or allergies?
Thanks in advance

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I wouldn't rule out sweet itch ours have started being itchy this week. Get a good rug on him, put something like nettex itch stop on the itchy bits and keep him well away from anything he can rub on. An electric fenced paddock in a breezy area is best, he'd also be away from any dust mites.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Have a look at Shapleys MTG

I've recently bought it to help with hair regrowth but reading up on it looks like it can be used for lots of skin problems

shapleys.com

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
How do you know for sure that its "Dust Allergy" OP??

i.e. have you had the vet to take bloods?

That would be my first point of call; and depending on those results then take the appropriate professional advice.

But you could do a lot worse, in the first instance, to treat him as a "sweet itch" case and cover him up with a hoody rug or Boett and apply topical stuff like Benzyl Benzoate. "Gloi" above has also got some good advice.

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
He had invasive tests blood test, skin sample for an Apple sample test in four places he was showing symptom, and results all shown as dust mites allergies. He is on immune therapy and been clear for two years.now he is rubbing his tail and don't know if it's the same or si or pin worm. I will be contacting my vet.