Ruby Roo dressage saddle?

RubyRooUS21

New User
Visit site
Read again.

Karen you know me, this is a good, balanced forum, and you have every right to come here and defend your product, and knowing you, I'm sure it's a good product. My advice was to get a fitter, your saddle may fit, it may not, I can't comment on that, but will always recommend one that does fit over a given brand for a random horse. Your pricing is keen and if the saddle fits horse and rider then great.

This group IS very sensitive to new members piling on (especially asking about a US product when this is a UK board), making new accounts, to come on with a "cause". They reacted to a new poster asking about a brand no-one had heard of, and assumed THEY were advertising, though I did not feel the same, then you have all these other new accounts....we're a cynical bunch in the UK! There may also be an issue with your username as advertising is not allowed and the admins are quick to administer their forms of justice.

RubyRooUS21

New User
Visit site
The only reason I came on here at all was to address the nasty, vile comments regarding my saddles and website. This obviously cost me a client. My customers posted because they want the ordinary person to have a balanced opinion.

I have a good reputation and amazing products. People don’t seem to understand that words matter. I’m like the rest of you - working hard to make a living in a down economy. I would like to be treated with respect.

I don’t intend to comment on this again.

Thank you for your consideration.
Karen

Auslander

Visit site
The only reason I came on here at all was to address the nasty, vile comments regarding my saddles and website. This obviously cost me a client. My customers posted because they want the ordinary person to have a balanced opinion.

I have a good reputation and amazing products. People don’t seem to understand that words matter. I’m like the rest of you - working hard to make a living in a down economy. I would like to be treated with respect.

Karen

You didn't address anything though. You told us how amazing your saddles are, without giving any information about what makes them great, then you had a strop about people being mean, and now you don't want to talk any more.
If you dial back the drama, and talk to us about your saddles, you might get away with the previous silliness. We're mostly British on here, and averse to people stropping and playing the "Poor me" card.

littleshetland

Visit site

Karen
'bye then.....

ozpoz

Visit site
I think the horse has to have some major input before making any decision. A good saddle fitter will watch you riding in the saddle, after fitting, (and the horse will have an opinion too.)
Surely no one just buys off a website without this input?!

Nasicus

Visit site

Karen
Aaaah, now I understand.

onemoretime

Visit site
Ozpoz sadly people do buy from website and Facebook hence why there are so many horses with sore backs. I agree with you and always use a good saddle fitter who spends time watching me ride in the saddle before i part with my money.

Azor

New User
Visit site

Karen

The reason I will not be purchasing a saddle from you is because of the way you responded to people's comments. Most comments were about saddle fit, with a few cautioning about buying a sale online. I believe that these comments would have been written about almost any saddle purchased online. Very few comments were about the quality of your saddles. Nothing anyone said was "Nasty and Vile". I don't think most bands would ask their customers to make accounts on a website to post a testimonial. If you had come in here and calmly told us about the quality of your saddles, I would have at least tried one. I was planning on attempting to take one on trial, however, after seeing your response, I no longer want to.

Azor

New User
Visit site
To all comments about saddle fit:
No matter what saddle I purchase, I will have my saddle fitter out to look at it. If it needs to be fitted to my pony, I will have it fitted. I do not intend on purchasing a saddle that she does not approve.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
All of your saddles have the exact same width,

No they don't, they have a stated channel width - unfortunately the word gullet can mean one of two things, channel width, or headplate width. This is a changeable headplate saddle and I should have corrected that when it was first mooted.

I know Karen indirectly through fitter Facebook groups and I do not think that she has posted as her customers, however, as to be expected, she has asked her customers to come on and post, which is somewhat understandable. The rest I will refrain from comment as the saddle world is bitchy enough. Live and let live, judge by someone's behaviour and make your decision.

To all comments about saddle fit:
No matter what saddle I purchase, I will have my saddle fitter out to look at it. If it needs to be fitted to my pony, I will have it fitted. I do not intend on purchasing a saddle that she does not approve.

Great, it's just that coming on a UK board asking about a US brand (there is more trade in the other direction, very few north American brands are known over here) to buy a saddle that's offered mail order will evoke more comments of "it's good if it fits, use a fitter" than ones that know the saddle. I will always say, apart from a very few exceptions, especially Indian tat, that a saddle is only as good as its fit, and that will vary with horse, rider and saddle fitter. Too many variables.

I do stand by my statement that tween saddles are really not needed and so do smack of marketing for us in the UK. In traditional English saddle design (ie the vast majority of dressage saddles sold in the UK) you select a seat size that suits the customer's hip measurement (despite guides on the internet saying it's all about upper leg length), if the flap is too small for the rider's leg you might go up in seat size if that doesn't cause issues for the horse (or leave the rider swimming) or you choose a different style flap. This is possible in many brands, hence tween saddles aren't really a thing unless a brand otherwise doesn't make a 16.5.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk

Karen

It is very easy to lose potential customers through one nasty comment from a disgruntled customer (just opinions!) on the internet, I would say more so than fruity opinions expressed by people that don't know the brand. There were good reasons given for it not necessarily being the solution (has to fit etc) as well as simple (and some erroneous) opinions. As a company we have all sorts of falsehoods implied about us, most don't name us so it's impossible to do anything about it, but you can work out who they're talking about. It hurts I agree, and there's always another side to the story even if the story is broadly true (most aren't).

Overall however you catch more flies with honey and I have long learned that I have to earn respect, in this industry or any other. There endeth my soap box, apologies if this is condescending.

Last edited: