Ruby Walsh jumps a moving car?

3OldPonies

Visit site
What do you mean its not real?! Next someone will tell me the current Grand National one isn't either and that flying unicorns don't exist....

What there's no flying unicorns. I so wanted one of those. Oh, hang on, someone says they have one in the garden . . . what colours will it be racing under?

Steve4u

New User
Visit site
Been a horseman for 40 years! No way is this real! Purely a stunt!! Very good vid edit!! Just look at the horse in takeoff etc! Clearly jumping a fence that has been edited out!! I could go on! But will not!! come on guys& girls, is jurrassic park real???? Lol

RunToEarth

Visit site
It doesn't matter if they believe it or not, there'll be some idiot who watches it and gets inspired :(

It is clearly an advert and frankly anyone who is stupid enough to copy jumping a moving vehicle on an advert which is clearly photoshopped has quite serious issues.
Professionals will always inspire amateurs to do stupid things - they jump over cars at Badminton, and have you seen the news this week - morons :

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/horses-injured-jumping-car-480707

Doormouse

Visit site
My horse jumped a moving car, luckily it was moving quite slowly at the time! He got loose and was cantering down the road, the car pulled out in front of him so he jumped it, did put a foot on the roof on his way over but made a surprisingly good job of it. To be fair he was inclined to jump odd things. He jumped out of the ring with me when I was doing an inter hunt relay and to do so he jumped the ring ropes and 3 motorbikes that were parked at the side!

3OldPonies

Visit site
It is clearly an advert and frankly anyone who is stupid enough to copy jumping a moving vehicle on an advert which is clearly photoshopped has quite serious issues.
Professionals will always inspire amateurs to do stupid things - they jump over cars at Badminton, and have you seen the news this week - morons :

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/horses-injured-jumping-car-480707

It's not often I would say this, but after seeing the pic of the horse falling, I hope the idiot rider was well and truly squashed. It beggars belief what they get up to over there. Anyone on that ride, regardless of the welfare situation, deserves to have their horse seized as they obviously have no regard for their safety or wellbeing. If they did they wouldn't have acted so mind bogglingly stupidly. And the organiser needs a humoungous kick up the backside too for even thinking it is acceptable to put a car on the course.

beth21

Visit site
This is quite obviously the standard pre-national publicity stunt. The 2013 advert featured horses and jockeys galloping through the streets and through people's gardens... It's like any advert, it's made to get people talking about the event (which based on this evidence they have succeeded at).

There are plenty of idiots in the world so you can't guarantee people won't attempt this but I don't think this reflects poorly on Ruby in any way. If someone is dumb enough to attempt this, I think that says more about them than the advert. People are as likely to start jumping moving cars as they are to go charging through people's gardens just because they saw it on TV IMO.

RunToEarth

Visit site
It's not often I would say this, but after seeing the pic of the horse falling, I hope the idiot rider was well and truly squashed. It beggars belief what they get up to over there. Anyone on that ride, regardless of the welfare situation, deserves to have their horse seized as they obviously have no regard for their safety or wellbeing. If they did they wouldn't have acted so mind bogglingly stupidly. And the organiser needs a humoungous kick up the backside too for even thinking it is acceptable to put a car on the course.

I think that is the most shocking thing, I would have a bit of sympathy if it were an over zealous teenager but for the organisers of a ride to put that in as a jump is just, well there are no words (which wouldn't get me an infraction.)

In terms of "setting a bad example" I feel as though it is up to parents and guardians to make sure children know what is wrong from a young age, in all aspects of life there are going to be bad role models for children to follow if they aren't taught any better.

mcnaughty

Visit site
LOL - OMG seriously guys - that is such a fantastic advert for the grand national! Of course it is not real, you are not really that naive are you? As for encouraging others to 'give it a go' - would you? So, assume the answer to that is negative then which idiot would a. be brave enough, b. have a horse to give it a go, c. stupid enough. Assuming the odds of those three are zero then, there you have your answer ....