Rug brand for very fine youngster

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
Our two year old is currently 5’9” rug size - he managed to trash his shires tempest turnout so got him an emergency replacement but it’s absolutely massive on him - he’s very fine and he looks like he’s wearing his dad’s clothes. He can’t go down a size as the length is fine it’s just hanging off his shoulders and I’ve had to put a knot in the belly straps as even on their tightest setting it was ridiculously loose. Any recommendations for very delicately built youngsters? Don’t want to spend a fortune because he should (fingers crossed) have lots more growing to do (he’s AES, both parents over 16hh).

TGM

Visit site
We used Maxima Equestrian turnouts on our boy when he was a narrow youngster - they were perfect for him as have fully adjustable front fastenings so you can get a snug fit at the front. Plus reasonably priced with free delivery too.

slimjim86

Visit site
Got the same problem with my girl, am loving her shires typhoon on her, the maxima equestrian one also fitted well but was trashed in just over a week and she's not a rug trasher but maybe I just got unlucky.

rhino

Visit site
I love the horseware proper pony rugs (they do go up to 5’9”) for narrow youngsters. The Amigo ones are not horribly expensive and I’ve been impressed with how waterproof and durable they are and how well they fit.